Volkswagen as we know is getting acknowledged by the Indian automotive sector and the customers as well with amazing cars like Volkswagen Passat, Volkswagen Jetta and Volkswagen Polo. Recently the brand had also brought Volkswagen Phaeton to the Indian market, but the most surprising of them all is the new 2011 Volkswagen Jetta.
This will be the sixth generation Jetta and is based on the Volkswagen NCC and is much attractive than the fifth generation models. In length it is much longer than the previous model and has a 7 cm longer wheelbase as well. In terms of styling the car looks better and sportier.
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Specifications & Features
For the timing the brand has released 4 engines for US and Canada and 6 engines for Europe.
American & Canadian Variants: In these two countries the car will be available in 4 different engines – three MPFI petrol engines and one CRDI diesel engine which are as follows:-
- A new 138-horsepower (103 kW / 140 PS) 2.0-liter common rail TDI producing maximum torque of 320 Nm of torque
- Another new 114-horsepower (85 kW / 115 PS) entry level petrol engine
- Remaining two petrol engines are the 2.5-liter unit producing 168 hp (125 kW / 170 PS), and a 2.0-liter TSI that generates 197 horsepower (147 kW / 200 PS) which are exclusively for the US market.
Both the turbocharged engines are coupled with a 6-speed DSG transmission while a manual transmission comes standard.
The European Market will welcome six engines out of which 4 are new while 2 already coming with the car, which are as follows:-
- Two of the new engines are common rail turbo-diesels which include a 1.6-liter TDI BlueMotion 103 hp (77 / kW 105 PS) and another 138-hp 2.0-liter TDI (103 kW / 140 PS)
- The other two new engines are one 103-hp (77 kW / 105 PS) 1.2 TSI and 158-hp (118 kW / 160 PS) 1.4 TSI.
- Rest of the two existing TSI models are a 1.4-liter model pumping out 121 horsepower (90 kW / 122 PS) and one 2.0-liter 197-hp (147 kW / 200 PS) model.
Out of the 6 units the 4 new variants will not go on sale until 2011 and till then the customers will be offered the older TSI engines.
- Length = 4.64 meters
- Width = 1.78 meters
- Height = 1.45 meters
- Wheelbase = 2.65 meters
Styling & Interior
- A 7.5 percent increased legroom.
- Sportier appearance
- Redesigned Front Fascia
- Short Grille Element
- Narrow headlights
Price Of 2011 Volkswagen Jetta
As for now the all-new 2011 Jetta will cost the US customers between $15,995, to $1,740 which is nearly $1000 less than the fifth-generation’s base price and is really surprising. But for the Indian market the car has not been launched yet so the price is still to be announced.
Catch the latest car and bike news updates by Car Blog India on Google news- click here!