If you are a car owner, it is pretty likely that you are wasting money on your car in multiple ways. There are several common auto maintenance practices you need to stop doing immediately. For example, few cars actually require premium fuel to perform well. While most cars are quite expensive nowadays, they don’t need pricey stuff like high-performance or luxury cars. Let us find out if you are spending more money than necessary to maintain your car and how to avoid it. Here are 5 Ways You’re Wasting Money on Your Car Part – 2
1. One of the easiest ways to keep your car maintenance down is checking your tires regularly and making sure they are inflated properly. Underinflated tires are less safe to drive and also, they make your car less fuel-efficient. Since the tire pressure can change with seasonal temperature shifts, it is important to check your tires often and make sure they’re filled to the recommended pressure. You can keep a pressure gauge in your glove box for this.
2. Another thing people ignore is their car’s air filter. A bad air filter can also reduce your car’s fuel efficiency and cost you more money in the long run. It is advisable to replace the air filter at regular intervals. For example, changing the air filter every 40,000 km can help you avoid clogs and lower gas mileage.
3. On the other hand, you don’t need to spend extra money on a car wash. Instead, you can do a much better job at home. All you need is a sponge and car wash detergent. Simply pick up a water pipe and save the extra money spent on a professional car wash.
4. Also, you can even restore car headlights at home. You don’t need any expensive headlight restoration kits to clean the yellowed and foggy headlights. All you need is warm soapy water and sandpaper to clean the headlights.
5. Additionally, you can save money on the built-in navigation system in your car. You can simply use your smartphone and navigation apps. It is better to purchase a phone mount and a car charger. Simply, let Google maps guide your way.