Yamaha is going to launch its sporty performance bike Yamaha FZ1 in India through CKD (completely knocked down) unit route in December 2010. It will be a direct completion for recently launched Honda CBR1000R which is a also a 1000 CC bike. The FZ1 will be delivering a wonderful 148 HP with its 1000 CC 4 Cylinder DOHC Engine.
Yamaha FZ1 India Specifications
- Type 998cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 20 valves
- Bore x Stroke 77 x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio 11.5:1
- Fuel Delivery Fuel injection
- Ignition Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition with 32-bit ECU
- Transmission 6-speed w/multi-plate clutch
- Final Drive O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front 43mm fork; fully adjustable, 5.1-in travel
- Suspension / Rear Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping, 5.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front Dual 320mm floating discs w/4-piston calipers
- Brakes / Rear 245mm disc w/single-piston caliper
- Tires / Front 120/70-ZR17
- Tires / Rear 190/50-ZR17
- Length 84.3 in
- Width 30.3 in
- Height 47.4 in
- Seat Height 32.1 in
- Wheelbase 57.5 in
- Ground Clearance 5.3 in
Yamaha FZ1 India Features
New for 2011:
The ECU mapping has been revised to achieve improved throttle response in the low speed range.
- Compact design, 998cc DOHC 20-valve engine is tuned for tremendous mid-range punch and massive top-end power.
- Fuel injection with computer-controlled sub-throttle valves provides precise fuel/air mixture for superb power delivery across the entire rev range.
- Closed-deck cylinder block provides great strength while allowing a narrow engine in spite of big, 77mm bores.
- Narrow-angle five-valve combustion chambers produce a highly efficient 11.5:1 compression ratio.
- Carburized connecting rods with fracture split big ends produce a quick-revving engine with excellent high-rpm durability.
- High silicon-content ceramic-composite cylinder lining reduces friction and maximizes heat dissipation for consistent power delivery.
- Four-into two-into one short-style exhaust system with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®), a stainless catalyzer and 02 sensor. Delivers outstanding power throughout the FZ1’s broad rpm range while meeting all emissions regulations.
- Race-inspired curved radiator with twin ring-style fans keeps everything cool under all conditions.
- Aggressive chassis geometry with Super sport inspired 51 percent front wheel weight bias. Provides quick and nimble handling.
- Short 4.8-gallon fuel tanks allows the rider to move into a forward position. Rider forward ergonomics move the rider into a position of great control.
- Cast aluminum frame uses the engine as a stressed member. Allows for optimal rigidity, light weight and superb handling.
- Stressed-engine design holds the engine in place with six mounts, for excellent vertical stiffness and handling.
- Controlled-Fill (CF) aluminum swing arm. Lightweight and tuned for excellent handling and tire grip; looks great, too.
- Fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork and a single shock with adjustable preload and rebound damping. Tunable for sport touring or track days.
- 320mm front discs squeezed by monoblock four-piston calipers up front and a single 245mm rear disc serve up strong and consistent stopping power.
- Removable sub frame for easy maintenance and detachable passenger foot pegs for even more stripped-down style.
- Light, five-spoke wheels and fat radial tires, including a 190/50-ZR17 rear, complete the look and serve up the traction.
- Half-cowl fairing design features aggressive eye-catching naked bike profile.
- High-tech instrument display features analog tachometer, digital speedometer, dual trip meter with miles on reserve function, odometer, water temperature and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals—also a fade-in lighting feature with adjustable brightness.
- Two-piece seat serves up great comfort.
- Passenger grab rails provide passenger comfort while maintaining an aggressive appearance.
- Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain provides longer chain life.
- Dual 12V 60/55-watt multi-reflector headlight features a sleek, profile for superb aerodynamics and visibility.