Updated on 9th October 2014
The Hero Passion Pro TR is now available in Hero dealerships across India.
The Passion Pro TR is priced at Rs. 51,550 ex-showroom Delhi
Updated on 31st July 2014
Hero MotoCorp has launched a rugged variant of the Passion Pro, named the Hero Passion Pro TR.
The ‘TR’ stands for ‘Trans Roader’ and highlights the go almost anywhere capability of the bike. Basically a Passion Pro commuter motorcycle underneath, Hero has modified the bike to take on the rough roads found on most parts of the country. The beefier all-road tyres, the bash plate for protecting the engine, grille protector for the headlamp etc. point to a more rugged bike than the humble Passion Pro we’ve become familiar with.
The Passion Pro is not all utilitarian in its design though, it gets alloy wheels, decals etc. too keep the style quotient high. It does not get a power bump though; in fact, except for the tyres, the mechanicals of the bike remain unchanged.
Passion Pro TR: Rs. 53,551, ex-showroom Mumbai
It costs about Rs. 1000 more than the top-end standard Passion Pro commuter motorcycle
Available only in one variant, the Passion Pro TR gets additions all around that make it a tougher bike. It can handle tough terrain and take on harder duties because of these modifications. These modifications include:
- Grill protector for the Headlight
- Knuckle guard on the handlebars
- Bash plate for engine underside protection
- Crossbar for the handlebar to improve stability in harsh road conditions
- Knee grip on the tank for better control
- High front bender to allow better front suspension travel
- Special tread all-road tyres for better grip on all road conditions
Electric Blue, Sports Red and Black with Sports Red.
- 100cc, Single cylinder, Air-cooled, 4-stroke engine
- 8 BHP @ 7500 RPM, 8.04 Nm @ 4500 RPM
- 4-speed transmission
- Kick and self-start
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 70-mm section tyres at front, 76-mm section at rear
- 240-mm disc brake at front, 130-mm drum at rear
- Width of the bike increases by about 100-mm due to knuckle guards to 840-mm
- Ground clearance is 165-mm, does not differ from standard bike
- Fuel-tank capacity is 12.8-litres with 1-litre reserve
The bike will be popular with those looking for a rugged but cheap to own and maintain bike. It is expected that the bike will be a big hit in the semi-urban and rural markets where Hero already has a pretty big base.
What do you think of the the Passion Pro TR? Let us know in the comments section below.
We will update this story when the prices for Delhi are announced. Stay tuned.