Mercedes-Benz has launched the 2017 C-Class Cabriolet in India. The Mercedes-Benz C300 is the first cabriolet or convertible in the history of the C-Class brand. It is being imported to India so prices are high. The Mercedes C-Class Cabriolet costs Rs. 60 (ex-showroom Delhi) in India. Along with the launch of the C300, MBIL has also launched the S-Class Cabriolet and a mildly updated E-Class Cabriolet. Read on for more on the Mercedes C Class Cabriolet India price, specifications and other details.
Mercedes C Class Cabriolet Price in India
|Model||Ex Showroom Delhi Price|
|Mercedes C300 Price in India||Rs. 60 lakh|
Being a CBU import, the Mercedes C-Class Cabriolet does not come cheap. It is priced at Rs. 60 lakh ex showroom Delhi. The Cabriolet joins the C-Class sedan and the C63 AMG sedan. Mercedes currently does not sell the C-Class Coupe in India.
Also See – Upcoming Cars in India
Mercedes C Class Cabriolet India Specifications
|Engine Type/ Displacement||2.0 L Petrol|
|Top Speed||250 km/h|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||6.4 seconds|
|Transmission (Gearbox)||9-speed Automatic|
The C-Class convertible is available in the C300 trim. Which means it gets 1991 cc petrol engine that makes 245 hp and 370 Nm. It comes with a 9-speed automatic transmission. Merc is claiming a top speed of 250 km/h and a 0-100 km/h time of 6.4 seconds.
Mercedes C Class Cabriolet India Dimensions
|Length x Width x Height||4696 x 1810 x 1405 mm|
|Kerb Weight||1690 kg|
|Wheel Type and Size||17” Alloys|
|Boot Space||285 litres|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||66 litres|
Mercedes C Class Cabriolet India – Features
- Dynamic Select – the driver can select one of five transmission modes including “ECO”, “Comfort”, “Sport”, “Sport Plus” and “Individual”.
- LED Tail lamps
- LED Headlights
- 17 inch Alloys
- Fully automatic operation via the switch in the centre console up to a vehicle speed of 50 km/h
- Available soft top colours: black, and in conjunction with the optional acoustic soft top in the colours black, dark blue, dark brown and dark red
- Memory Function for Driver Seat & Passenger Seat
- Instrument cluster with 13.97 cm (5.5-inch) multifunction display
- Split-folding rear seat backrests
- Automatic belt feeder for driver and front passenger as standard
- Ambient lighting
- Dual Zone automatic air conditioning
- 13 Speaker Burmester Surround Sound System
Roland Folger, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “The introduction of C-Class and S-Class Cabriolets in India is an illustration of our ‘top of pyramid’ strategy of bringing in the best of our products from the global portfolio for our distinguished Indian customers. Globally, the C-Class Cabriolet is the first ever cabriolet to be made on the C-Class platform by Mercedes-Benz. The S-Class Cabriolet is the first cabriolet introduced by the brand since 1971 and also happens to be the first cabriolet based on our flagship S-Class to make its way to India.We are very pleased to offer these two novel products which never had a predecessor in India and we are confident of a strong market response.”
Mercedes C Class India Images
The C-Class and S-Class Cabriolet become Mercedes-Benz’s 10th and 11th product launches in India in 2016.
Stay tuned for all updates on the Mercedes C Class Cabriolet India. Also, follow Car Blog India for all the latest news and reviews from the automotive world.