Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard India Launch Takes Place in New Delhi
Mercedes-Benz India limited launched the S 600 Guard and the Mercedes-Maybach S 600 in India last year and have followed it up with the launch of the Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard. This “fortress on wheels” is the first VR10 certified civilian vehicle, which is the highest level of ballistic certification there is. Staying true to its commitment to introducing new vehicles in India as soon as possible, the S600 Guard comes to us just 15 days after its global unveil. Roland Folger, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “Mercedes-Benz’s remains the most trusted brand globally in manufacturing ‘Guard’ vehicles since 1928. It is hence not surprising that most of the global heads of states, top diplomats, business tycoons and celebrities prefer a ‘Guard’ vehicle. We are pleased to introduce the world’s first passenger vehicle certified with the highest ballistic protection level of VR10, in India. The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard is launched in India within 15 days of its international debut. With the introduction of the Mercedes-Maybach Guard, we continue to follow our ‘top of pyramid’ approach for the discerning Indian customers.” Here’s a more detailed look at the Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard India.
Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard India Price
As expected, a car offering the kind of protection the S 600 Guard does will not come cheap. The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard costs INR 10.50 Cr (ex-showroom, new Delhi).
Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard India Features
The Maybach S 600 Guard offers the best of both worlds – Protection and Luxury – as evident from the exhaustive list of features.
- The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard delivers the highest levels of ballistic and blast protection: VR10
- The bodywork and windows can withstand hardened steel core bullets fired from an assault rifle.
- The vehicle has an ERV 2010 rating (Explosive Resistant Vehicles).
- Specific reinforcement of the base structure integrated into the body-shell production stage.
- Windows coated with polycarbonate on the inside for splinter protection.
- Night View Assist Plus
- LED Intelligent Light System
- 360° camera
- Opaque roller blinds all-around in the rear
- Heated windscreen and side windows
- Easily operated panic alarm system
- Fire extinguisher system with automatic activation
- Emergency fresh air system protecting occupants from the ingress of smoke or irritant gases
- Hydraulic power for the heavy side windows
- LED reading lamps in the rear
- Michelin tyres that can keep the car moving even after sustaining considerable damage.
Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard India Image Gallery
Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard India – Specifications
Quite obviously, the Guard has put on a considerable amount of weight over the stock Mercedes-Maybach thanks to all that heavy reinforcement. Still, the Mercedes-Maybach S600 Guard is no slouch dismissing the 0-100 km/h run in just 7.9 seconds. This has been made possible thanks to the 6.0 L V12 lurking under the hood of this car. This unit churns out 530 hp of max. power and a peak torque of 830 Nm! It has an electronically limited top speed of 190 km/h.
Mr. Folger further elaborated, “In 2015 we completely redefined the highly exclusive luxury sedan segment with the launch of the Mercedes-Maybach. With the introduction of the Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard, we have now created an unmatched offering in the segment and strongly reiterated our ‘technological leadership’ in the field of special protection vehicles. The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard is the pinnacle of luxury motoring coupled with the highest level of safety and security. This super luxury protection vehicle maintains the exquisite panache associated with the Maybach, coupled with the ground-breaking security features of Mercedes-Benz’s trademark ‘Guard’ range. The launch of the Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard symbolizes our unsurpassed commitment of giving the best to our customers.”
Stay tuned to Car Blog India for more on the Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard India and other products from Mercedes-Benz.