Having just launched the Polo GT TDI in India, you would expect the people at Volkswagen India to be taking a bit of a break. On the contrary, the plans for a facelift of the car are already being worked upon. The Volkswagen Polo facelift was spotted testing at Death Valley, California, USA. Design elements from this test mule will filter onto the new Polo which will be launched in India in 2014, the best news though will be that the facelift will not just be a cosmetic job, there will be a new engine on offer too!
Updated on 10 July 2014
Official brochure Volkswagen Polo facelift 2104 new model for India has been leaked before launch. The same has been shared by our fellow bloggers at Car Sizzler. All the specifications have been leaked including variants and engine power rating. Apart from the new models of Volkswagen Polo, the Volkswagen Polo, the Cross Polo, GT TSI and GT TDI models will also continue. Check out all the details of the 2014 Volkswagen Polo GT Facelift Models here. Also find more details on Cross Polo here.
2014 Volkswagen Polo Facelift Model Specifications
2014 Volkswagen Polo TDI Specifications
- 1.5 Litre TDI Diesel Engine
- Peak power of 90 PS @ 4200 RPM
- Peak Torque of 230 Nm @ 1500-2500 RPM
- VGT (Variable Geometry Turbo Charger)
2014 Volkswagen Polo TSI Specifications
- 1.2 Litre Turbocharged Petrol Engine
- Peak power of 105 PS @ 5000 RPM
- Peak Torque of 175 Nm @ 1500-4100 RPM
- Light weight Aluminum engine with high fuel economy
2014 Volkswagen Polo MPI Specifications
- 1.2 Litre Petrol Engine
- Peak power of Rs. 75 PS @ 5400 RPM
- Peak Torque of 110 Nm @ 3750 RPM
- High fuel economy rating
Updated on 1st July 2014
Volkswagen dealers have started accepting bookings for the new Polo (no news of the GT variants), the first units will be delivered to customers after the car is launched on 15th July. Interested customers can book the car by paying Rs. 50,000 at the dealerships.
The Polo facelift will be available in 3 trim levels, Comfortline, Highline and Highline+. The trendline trim name from the older model will not be used for the new car.
It can be confirmed that the new Polo will get a 1.5-litre diesel engine and will be available with two power ratings as we had mentioned before. Stay tuned for more information.
Updated on 6th june 2014
The 2014 Volskwagen Polo facelift has been spied again, this time the changes made to the interior have also been spied. Check the photos put below:
We have already talked about the changes made to the outside in a previous update (13th February 2014), the latest photos shows that the Polo may get new paint options, or at least this new orange paint option.
The interior shots show that Volkswagen has made changes to the interior of the car, though they seem minimal. There is a brand new steering wheel, with new button layouts. The centre console gets matte-silver surround, breaks the monotony of the black plastics used on the upper dashboard and the centre console. That’s it.
What do you think of the changes made to the Volkswagen Polo? Let us know in the comments section below.
Photo Courtesy: AutocarIndia.com
Updated on 29th April 2014
According to a report, there is a possibility that Volkswagen India could launch the Polo facelift in India pretty soon, in fact as soon as July 2014. This is an aggressive plan from the company, if it turns out to be true. The biggest change in the new Polo will be the addition of a 1.5-litre diesel engine and the addition of at least one DSG-equipped diesel variant. You can check out more details in the earlier updates below.
We will keep you informed about developments on the Polo facelift, keep following Car Blog India.
News Source: Overdrive.in
Updated on 13th February 2014
The 2014 Volkswagen Polo facelift has been spotted in India by a reader of IndianAutosBlog.com. It is slightly different from the Polo facelift that will be launched in other markets though. Check out the spy shots below:
1) Front: Changes are limited to the new headlights with twin-lighting elements (which are similar to the units found on the last-gen Polo sold in Europe) and silver insert , new fog lamps, new front bumper which is more sculptured than before and gets a new silver element that mimics the one in the headlight unit, a new grille.
2) Interior: Photo is not clear, but from what we can see there are no changes.
3) Rear: Changes are limited to the new bumper with a more pronounced area around the number plate holder and new reflectors. The test mule seems to be the GT TSI variant.
Check out the photos of the 2014 Volkswagen Polo facelift revealed for other markets here:
What are the differences?
1) The international model will get optional LED daytime running lamps, which Volkswagen India may or may not offer (the latter seems more probable).
2) The lower profile tyres found on the international model may not make it here. It will be offered with 15, 16 and 17-inch alloys based on the variant abroad, while in India we may have to be content with the 15-inch wheels. This is not exactly a bad thing as the ride will be more comfy on the standard tyres, but those who want a bit more of style will have to go for aftermarket wheels.
3) The international model gets a slight facelift on the inside too, which the test mule spied in India does not have. we may not get updates like a different shifter, redesigned three-spoke steering, new instrument cluster etc.
4) At the rear, the international model gets LED tail-lamp elements which have not been offered in India.
Updated on 23rd September 2013
Check out the spy shots below:
A new front bumper, headlights and tail-lamps as well as new features inside are expected as the cosmetic changes which the Volkswagen Polo facelift will receive. The most important change though, will be that the Polo facelift will be offered with a 1.5-litre TDI motor in the May of 2014 as per the latest reports. This engine will come in two different states of tune; 89 BHP and 104 BHP. After the arrival of this motor, VW might just phase out the current diesel engines on offer.
The current diesel engine powering the Volkswagen Polo is a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder, in line engine which produces a maximum power of 74 BHP @ 4200 rpm and a maximum torque of 180Nm @ 2,000 rpm. There is also a 1.6-litre TDI motor on offer (that powers the Polo GT TDI) that develops a maximum power of 105 BHP and a peak torque of 250Nm which is more than sufficient to satisfy your hunger for performance. Both the engines are mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Volkswagen’s Polo series has done very well in India so far and we can hope that the new launch will boost the sales even further. The car is expected to arrive in the market in the first quarter of 2014.
What do you think Volkswagen should introduce in the upcoming Polo facelift? Let us know in the comments section below.