The 2018 Toyota Yaris comes with a host of segment first features. With the help of these, the Japanese automakers plan to take of the current leaders in the mid-size sedan segment in India.
The launch of the 2018 Yaris in India will mark Toyota’s second attempt at taking on the giants in the mid-size sedan segment in India. Its earlier try with the Etios sedan did not work out quite well. One of the primary reasons for the lacklustre performance of the Etios was its small list of features and creature comforts. Something which the buyers in this segment are certainly looking for. This time, however, it seems that Toyota has finally learnt its lesson. The 2018 Yaris comes with a host of features on board. Not only this but according to Toyota, the Yaris offer up to eight first in segment features. And by the looks of these, things look quite promising for this car in India.
2018 Toyota Yaris Eight First In Segment Features
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System: The Yaris is going to be the first vehicle in its segment which is going to offer tyre pressure monitoring system. With the help of this system, the user of the vehicle can get real-time tyre pressure reading. This is quite a useful feature, especially in terms of safety.
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors: Most of the cars which cost under INR 15 lakh do not get both front and rear parking sensors. This feature is only available in high-end cars which cost above INR 20 lakh. This feature is particularly helpful in Indian conditions.
- 7 SRS Airbags: Another quite important safety feature in the Yaris is the 7 SRS airbags. These include Driver+Passenger+Side+Curtain+Knee.
- Electrically Adjustable Driver’s Seat: Though most of Yaris’s customers are going to be driven around, for those who are going to drive the car themselves, the electrically adjustable driver’s seat is quite an ergonomic feature.
- A Flat Floor: For the owners of a mid-size sedan, the space in the back matters quite a lot. To increase the comfort factor, Toyota has given the 2018 Yaris a flat floor. This is going to help in better leg-room. Furthermore, the rear bench occupants can stretch there legs without any intrusion.
- Roof Mounted Air-Vents With Ambient Illumination: Other cars in this segment does come with rear air-con vents. But the Yaris comes with Roof-mounted vents for the rear passengers. these are bound to be more effective in regulative the temperature inside the cabin.
- All Wheel Disk Brakes: Another important first in segment feature that the Yaris is going to offer is disk brakes on all four wheels. This will help in improving the car’s braking and hence reduce its stopping distance.
- High Solar Energy-Absorbing Glass: This glass will help to make the Yaris more premium by decreasing the road and wind noises.
2018 Toyota Yaris Launch Date
As mentioned to you before, the 2018 Yaris is likely to launch in India within the next couple of months. Specifically, around the month of May this year. When launched, it will compete against the likes of Hyundai Verna, Maruti Ciaz and the Honda City. Toyota dealerships have already started taking bookings for the Yaris.
|Launch Date||April 2018|
2018 Toyota Yaris Price
Toyota is known to price its vehicles quite competitively. Hence we expect the Yaris’s price to be very aggressive. Likewise, expect them to fall in the range of INR 8 lakh to 13 Lakh.
|Expected Price||INR 8.5 Lakh to INR 13.5 Lakh|
2018 Toyota Yaris Engine Specifications
Toyota has confirmed that the Yaris is only going to get a petrol derivative in India. This is going to be a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder unit producing 108 BHP of power along with 137 Nm of peak torque. The Yaris is going to come with a 6-speed manual transmission as standard. The automaker is also going to offer a 7-step CVT automatic transmission as well.
|Transmission||6-Speed Manual/7-Step CVT Auto|
Found this article helpful? Do let us know your feedback in the comment section below. Have any question regarding the Toyota Yaris? Feel free to post your questions below. Keep following CarBlogIndia for more updates from the Indian automotive industry.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 3.6 stars
3.6 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Very Good
- Your Rating