BMW India has released a new, range-topping variant of the X3 SUV called the BMW X3 xDrive30d M Sport. The car gets a bigger engine and exterior and interior updates as part of the M Sport package. The facelifted BMW X3 was launched in India almost a year back to take on the likes of the Audi Q5, Land Rover Freelander 2 and Volvo XC60. The X3 M Sport is a performance oriented version of the standard SUV aimed at buyers looking for a more powerful version of the X3. The car is assembled locally at BMW’s Chennai facility. Read our report to know more about the BMW X3 M Sport India price, pics, specs, features and details.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – New BMW 7 Series Unveiled[/box]
The BMW X3 xDrive30d M Sport is priced at INR 59.90 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi). With the addition of this newly launched variant, the X3 is now available in three other trims-
- X3 xDrive20d Expedition: INR 47.90 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi)
- X3 xDrive20d xLine: INR 42.90 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi)
- X3 xDrive30d M Sport: INR 49.90 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi)
Powering the BMW xDrive30d M Sport is a 3.0 litre 6-cylinder diesel which produces 255bhp and 560Nm of torque. The same engine also powers the 5-series, 7-series and the X5. This 3.o litre motor is mated to an 8-speed Steptronic Sport automatic transmission. The 255bhp and 560Nm on tap propel the BMW X3 M Sport from 0 to 100 km/h in just 5.9 seconds with a top speed of 232 km/h.
- The M Aerodynamic package includes front and rear bumpers in the body colour, the diffuser insert in Dark Shadow metallic and side sills.
- Characteristic “M” logo on the sides
- 18 inch M Sport alloys
- BMW M steering wheel
- iDrive infotainment system with rear camera, handwriting recognition, 3D Maps
- 16-speaker Harmon Kardon audio setup
- BMW Driving Experience Control switch, which enables the driver to choose between different driving modes to suit the driving conditions. (Comfort, ECO PRO, Sport and Sport+)
- Panorama glass roof
Speaking about the launch, Mr. Philipp von Sahr, President, BMW Group India said, “The BMW X3 is built for both the small and big challenges that each day brings. The new BMW X3 xDrive 30d M Sport with a perfect blend of sporting character, impressive performance and appealing design makes every journey an unforgettable experience. Whether on the way to work or on the weekend. With family or for some quality time alone. Live life to the fullest and look forward to adventures everyday with the new BMW X3 xDrive 30d M Sport.”
Stay tuned to CarBlogIndia for more on the BMW X3 M Sport and other automotive news.