Year on Year comparison of the cars sold for various car companies in India shows a tremendous amount of increase. The car sales figures of August 2010 compared with August 2009 show a significant rise of 20 to 30 percent for most car companies. These sales figure show a big boom, which may seem hyped because of poor sales in August 2009 because of recession in economy and negative sentiments around August 2009. But anyways, prosperity and growth is always a welcome phenomenon and its really good that the economy is now finally out of blues.
This growth is more or less like a recovery for the whole Indian Automobile sector. The Year on Year growth numbers for some of the major car companies are :
- Mahindra And Mahindra Auto sales grow by 29 %
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor Sales Grow by 26 %
- Tata Motors India sales grow by 32.38 %
- Hyundai India sales grow by 17.2 %
- Chevrolet India or General Motors Sales go up by 34 %
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited sales grow by 23.56% with highest ever car sales in a month ever in history of Maruti Suzuki India
- Ford India Sales go up by 220 % , this exceptional growth is because of excellent sales of its small car Ford Figo
- Skoda India Sales Growth is 24 %
We hope that sales number will stay strong and along with the strong numbers, the roads and infrastructure will also keep improving in India so that the driving safety and driving pleasure is improved in time to come.