Mercedes-Benz is well known for its high quality and top-notch muscular cars. At Auto Expo 2010 , Mercedes Benz displayed SLS AMG concept which is racing style 2 seater sports-car with real power gush.
The SLS AMG has a unconventional and sporty 2 door (Gullwing Doors) style in this doors open upwards rather than rearward or forward. Its a display of brilliant designing and passion for power and sophistication in a car.
This sophisticated piece of art is a German design where each engine is developed using “one-man-one-engine” principle. The SLS AMG is a benchmark for performance. Its is powered by a V8 beast which has the killer specifications as below :
- 6208 CC V8 Petrol MPFI engine
- 525 BHP @ 6800 RPM (That’s whopping power !)
- 630 Nm Torque @ 5200 RPM ( gives superb acceleration )
- Top Speed 250 KMPH
- Double Wishbone Independent suspension in front and rear
- Front and Rear Ventilated Disc brakes
- 7-speed Automatic Transmission
The SLS AMG has purely amazing looks and following features:
- Gullwing Doors
- Command APS / 4GB memory for MP3 files / PCMCIA Adaptor for memory cards
- DVD Video and Linguatronics
- Thermotronic Automatic Climate Control
- Instrument cluster with hanging dial needles
- AMG performance steering with reduced diameter with solid metal trim
- AMG Sports seat
- Keyless Starting system
- Bi-xenon headlamps with cleaning and cornering function
- AMG Sports exhaust system
- Sports Suspension with double wishbones at front and rear (used in F1 kind of race-cars)
- AMG Speedshift MCT 7- Speed sports transmission with four shift programs and Race Start Function
- High performance Composite Disc brakes
- 20 inch alloy wheels
Below are some beautiful pictures of SLS AMG:
Follow Car Blog India on twitter for regular updates on more sporty cars.
Updated : 16 Jan 09
I just came across this interesting video of SLS AMG on YouTube. Caution : Do not try this yourself, this has been done by a professional team with complete safety precautions.