The new and updated Suzuki Gixxer 155 has been launched in India for Rs 1 Lakhs. It will be offered with seven official accessories from the dealerships.
Suzuki has updated the Gixxer 155 with some major updates. Priced at Rs 1 Lakh (ex-showroom), it is the costliest one in its segment now, but, gets certain things better than its rivals.
The new Gixxer gets a completely revised styling, to make it look more aggressive and more muscular. The riding stance has become a bit more aggressive and you also get split seats onboard.
New features onboard include full LED headlamps and a revised instrument console, from the recently launched Gixxer SF. Most importantly, it gets a BS-6 compliant engine, as the first one in its segment.
Suzuki has revealed the accessories list that will come with the new Suzuki Gixxer. It includes seven things to choose from, but the prices have not been revealed as of now.
1. Tank Protector – It will be useful in case of preventing scratches on the fuel tank.
2. Tank Graphic – It will come in handy to avoid scratches on the fuel tank, primarily because of the belt buckle and keys.
3. DC Socket: A DC socket for mobile charging is provided and will be placed on the right side of the handlebar.
4. Seat Cover: An official seat cover for keeping the original seat intact and safe from rains.
5. Knuckle Guards: Usually, they come on a fast motorcycle or an adventure motorcycle, but here, Suzuki is offering one to protect your knuckles in case of an accident.
6. Skid Plate: A skid plate is offered to prevent the engine from scrapping while crossing a speed breaker or a heightened surface.
7. Engine Guard: In case the motorcycle falls towards either side, the engine guard prevents the engine from getting damaged because of the incident.
These accessories of the new Suzuki Gixxer 155 will be available soon at the dealerships and can be installed there itself.
Suzuki continues with the same 154.9cc air-cooled BS-6 compliant engine, that produces 14.1 BHP at 8000 RPM and 14 Nm of torque at 6000 RPM. The motor comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
The new Gixxer gets a bit wider as well as taller. The weight of the bike has been cut down by 4kgs and it also gets a bit shorter by 30mm. It gets a 12 Litre fuel tank capacity onboard.
The prices of Gixxer have increased by nearly Rs 12,000. It continues to rival the likes of TVS Apache RTR 160 4V, Honda CB Hornet 160R, Yamaha FZ V3, Hero Xtreme 200R and Bajaj Pulsar NS160.