Nissan has introduced the EZ-shift AMT version of the Magnite and we bring you its first drive review. The Magnite stands as a compact SUV, presenting an economical choice for those in search of an SUV without straining their finances. It is reasonably successful in our market. Surprisingly, its counterpart, the Renault Kiger, has managed to capture customers’ attention more effectively, even though the two share the same engine, transmission, and platform. With this latest variant, Nissan aims to bring affordability and practicality to the Magnite.
You may also like: Nissan Magnite KURO Launched, Gets Tata Nexon Dark-Like All-Black Theme
Nissan Magnite AMT Review
We got a chance to drive the new Magnite with the AMT gearbox in Chennai recently. Here are the critical aspects we noticed about the compact SUV:
- Striking Design – Now, even though there are not many changes to the exterior of the Magnite, it still remains one of the most stylish models in this segment.
- Dual-tone Colours – Nissan is offering the AMT trims of the Magnite in dual-tone colour schemes. For instance, the model that we have here boasts a blue and black colour theme (blue body colour and black roof).
- Mileage – With the new AMT variant, the city drives will become extremely smooth and comfortable. It offers a claimed mileage of 19.70 km/l. That will draw in a lot of new customers.
You may also like: Nissan Magnite is Official Car for ICC World Cup 2023
- Affordability – The attractive prices of the Magnite AMT will make it one of the most inexpensive automatic models in the country. This will ensure that people will get the convenience of an automatic car without having to spend a lot of money.
- Handling – Magnite has always been a great vehicle to drive. We are happy to report that it has remained the same this time around too. One will be able to enjoy it out on a highway due to its driving mannerisms. The body roll is well-contained.
- Ride Quality – Apart from the handling, the ride quality is decent too. The occupants will feel smooth operation as the AMT is also well calibrated to minimize the inherent jerky nature.
- Features – It continues to be among the best-equipped vehicles at this price point. Hence, the buyers will be able to take advantage of the new-age amenities to pamper themselves.
- Practicality – Magnite has a decent boot capacity and compact dimensions making it a practical SUV.
- Efficient Engine – The engineers have calibrated the transmission in such a way that the engine remains in the fuel-efficient power range at all times. This ensures high mileage and efficiency.
- 4-star NCAP Rating – Finally, the Magnite remains a 4-star safety-rated SUV at the Global NCAP. People are more safety conscious today. Hence, having a decent safety rating is imperative for any car to succeed.
You may also like: Tata Nexon vs Nissan Magnite Drag Race – Guess Who Wins
You may also like: Nissan Magnite Has Horrible Accident, Airbags Don’t Deploy
Nissan Magnite comes with a 1.0-litre petrol mill in two variants – turbo and non-turbo. The AMT transmission is available with all variants of the non-turbo range. It generates a healthy 72 hp and 96 Nm of peak power and torque. On the other hand, the turbo variant makes 100 PS and 160 Nm of peak power and torque. It could also be had with a CVT automatic gearbox. The fuel tank capacity is 40 litres. At present, the prices range from Rs 6 lakh to Rs 11.02 lakh, ex-showroom. We shall have to wait to know the prices of the AMT versions.