What are the results of driving with low tyre pressure is a question a lot of people don’t have the answer for. The tyres are the most crucial components of a vehicle even though most people don’t realize this. People, generally, don’t care about the tyres unless the entire tread is worn out and the replacement is necessary. But there are things that you should be mindful of even on a day-to-day basis. Tyres are the only medium between the car and the road. It is important that they should always be in the best shape. There are a ton of parameters that are directly related to the tyres. Many people often ignore the low tyre pressure warning symbol and keep driving the car nonetheless. Here are some disadvantages of that and why it could be dangerous.
Results of Driving With Low Tyre Pressure
Many modern cars have an in-built tyre pressure monitoring system. This keeps track of the tyre pressure at all times. However, if it shows a low-pressure warning and the driver sees that the tyre is not punctured, he/she ignores the sign. That is a grave mistake that should be avoided at all costs. Some of the areas which could get affected by it are the following.
- Low pressure makes the tyres heavy which has a direct impact on fuel economy. The mileage of a car can see considerable depreciation if one drives with low pressure in tyres.
- The wear and tear on the tyre is also greatly enhanced when there is less air in the tyres. This is because the entire weight of the car is shifted to the airless surface of the tyre.
- Driving with low pressure also puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the side walls of the tyre which can damage the tyre completely.
- In off-roading conditions, when people generally deflate the tyres for more traction, one should be careful not to keep the pressure too low. Also, in such scenarios, it must be ensured that high speeds are not reached.
- If one keeps driving for a long period on low-pressure tyres and reach high speeds, the tyre could suddenly burst and the driver will lose control of the vehicle.
- Such situations could prove to be fatal for everyone in the car.
These are some of the results of driving with low pressure tyres. We strongly recommend that you always keep an eye out for the behaviour of the tyres. If you find uneven or unnatural wear and tear, visit the professionals immediately. And don’t ignore the warning signs.