Updated on 12th August 2014
The Tata Zest compact sedan will be launched in India today. Stay tuned for updates.
- Zest XE : Rs. 5.64 Lakh
- Zest XM : Rs. 6.27 Lakh
- Zest XMS : Rs. 6.45 Lakh
- Zest XMA F-Tronic : Rs. 6.99 Lakh
- Zest XT : Rs. 6.99 Lakh
- Zest XE : Rs. 4.64 Lakh
- Zest XM : Rs. 5.25 Lakh
- Zest XMS : Rs. 5.43 Lakh
- Zest XT : Rs. 5.99 Lakh
All prices are introductory, ex-showroom Mumbai
Updated on 6th August 2014
The Tata Zest compact sedan will be launched in India on the 12th of August 2014. The launch event will be held in Mumbai, Maharashtra and we will bring you live coverage of the event here on CarBlogIndia.com.
[box type=”info” width=”720" ]Check Out Our Test Drive Review Of The Tata Zest Here[/[/box]p>
Stay tuned for more details.
Updated on 28th July 2014
The Tata Zest production at the company’s new plant (which has been built in partnership with Fiat) in Ranjangaon, Maharashtra is in full swing. The Zest will be launched in August 2014.
Stay tuned for more updates.
Updated on 21st July 2014
Tata has started accepting bookings for the upcoming Tata Zest through the official website. Interested customers can book the cars by paying Rs. 21,000 for both the diesel and the petrol variants of the car. Dealerships will contact them with further details.
If you have booked the car, do let us know your experience in the comments section below.
[b[box type=”info” width=”720" ] href="https://carblogindia.com/2014-tata-zest-test-drive-review-photos-video/" target="_blank">Check Out Our Review Of The Tata Zest Petrol and the Zest Diesel AMT Here[/bo[/box]
Updated on 3rd July 2014
The launch of the Tata Zest compact sedan has been delayed by a few days, the launch is slated to happen by the last week of July 2014. The deliveries of the first units will begin on 15th August 2014, with reports suggesting that Tata will try to deliver about 10,000 units through its dealerships across the country. It will be interesting to see how Tata pulls off this feat. Stay tuned to this page for information.
Updated on 8th May 2014
Tata Zest compact sedan, based on the Tata Manza has been unveiled. The car is based on a new platform and developed under Tata’s ‘Falcon’ program. The Tata Zest is better in every single way over the Manza, while adding the allure of being a compact sedan measuring under 4-metres in terms of length. It will be a premium offering, Tata has confirmed and has the equipment and features to match.
The car will be launched in the Indian market in the later half of 2014, though pricing and variant details have not been revealed. The changes to the car in brief are as follows:
- New exterior design
- Much improved interior design
- New 1.2-litre Revotron petrol engine
- Better driving dynamics thanks to drive-by-wire, electronic power assist steering, ABS
- Extended equipment list including 5-inch touchscreen based Harman infotainment system
- First-in-class Automated Manual F-Tronic transmission available with the 1.3-litre Quadrajet diesel engine
[box[box type=”info” width=”720" ]ref="https://carblogindia.com/2014-tata-bolt-hatchback-new-tata-vista-india-price-photos-specifications/" target="_blank">The Tata Bolt, the raplcement for the Tata Vista has also been revealed check it out here[/box][/box]p>Updated on 8th May 2014
According to reports, the Tata Zest will be launched in India in the first week of July 2014. We will be covering the launch extensively, stay tuned in to Car Blog India.
Updated on 24th March 2014
Tata has launched the promotional website for the 2014 Tata Bolt hatchback, which highlights the features of the car. The information on the website is not new though, it’s the same as what was released during the reveal of the car in February before the 2014 Indian Auto Expo.
Interested customers can register on the website for more information. (If you have registered and the company representatives call you, do let us know what they say.)
You can check out promotional photos of the car below:
Updated on 3rd February 2014
Just like many other compact sedans, the Tata Zest is essentially the Tata Bolt hatchback with a boot added onto it. If you look at the cars silhouette, it is pretty similar to the hatch till about the C-Pillar, the boot has not been integrated well, but it does not stick out like the Dzire. There are many design elements around the car to make it look different than the hatchback. Changes to the design on the outside include:
- Headlights (with projector headlamps on top-end variants)
- Front bumper and rear bumper
- Grille (which gets an extra chrome strip to differentiate it from the hatch)
- ORVM covers
- Fog-light and DRLs integrated into the fog-light housing
- Alloy wheel design, 15-inch in size
- LED Tail-lamps
- Rear bumper integrated fog lamp
The interior of the Tata Zest is all new, considering the fact that is an all-new car. But as the car was developed along-side the Tata Bolt there are many similarities in design. Changes include:
- Black and beige combination interiors
- Silver trim inserts
- 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel
- Redesigned instrument cluster with integrated multi-information display
- 5-inch touch screen infotainment system from Haman, with integrated navigation from MapMyIndia.
The Tata Zest has got some first-in-class features and knowing that Tata will be pretty aggressive with the pricing of the car, it could be one of the best compact sedan to buy when launched in India later in 2014. New features include:
- Harman infotainment system
- Navigation services by MapMyIndia
- Drive-by-wire technology
- F-Tronic Automated Manual Transmission paired to the Diesel motor, it could be one of the cheapest diesel automatics in the country
- Twin drive modes: Economy and Performance
- Smartphone pairing
- Voice recognition for controlling the infotainment system
[box t[box type=”info” width=”720" ]f="https://carblogindia.com/what-is-clutchless-transmission-semi-automatic-automatic-manual-transmission-system/" target="_blank">What exactly is an automated manual transmission? Click here to know more[/box][/box]Performance and Handling
The Tata Zest has to face competition from the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, Honda Amaze etc, and so it has been given an arsenal by the company to keep it in the fray. Additions to the car to make it a better car to drive and be in are as follows:
- Drive-by-wire technology, better response from the engine
- EPAS / electronic power-assisted steering
- Adjusted suspension system, for better handling
- Better insulation, for a quieter drive
- ABS with cornering assist for better handling
- 1.2-litre, turbocharged ‘Revotron’ petrol motor with 83 BHP / 140 Nm
- 1.3-litre, Quadrajet diesel motor with 73 BHP / 200 Nm
- 5-speed F-tronic automated manual transmission paired to the diesel motor for comfortable driving in the city and higher fuel-economy.
The F-tronic automated manual transmission could be a game changer for Tata, while the Maruti Celerio could be the cheapest petrol automatic car to buy in India, the Zest could be cheapest diesel automatic in the country.
So it looks pretty good, it is pretty spacious and it might be a very value-for-money buy in the segment. We’ll have to wait till it is launched and we get to drive it before we deliver a verdict, but initial impressions are pretty good. So what do you think of the Tata Zest? Let us know in the comments section below.