Rumous abound that Audi plans to launch the Q2 SUV in India next year. The Q2 is the German manufacturer’s leased-priced SUV offering. In India, it will become the cheapest luxury SUV with prices expected to start at around Rs 23 lakh (ex-showroom). It will be positioned just below the A3 sedan and is likely to feature a 1.4 L Petrol and a 2.0 L Diesel. According to certain sources, Audi Q2 India launch will take place by mid-2017. Here are more details regarding the Audi Q2 India price, launch, specifications, and design.
Audi Q2 Launch in India
|Model Name||Expected Launch Date|
|Audi Q2 India Launch Date||Mid 2017|
It is being said that Audi India could bring the Q2 to India before July 2017. However, with Audi toying with the idea of bringing the China-spec long wheelbase version, the launch date could be pushed to the second half of 2017. The launch of the Audi Q2 in India is still at least 10 months away.
Audi Q2 Price in India (ESTIMATED)
|Model||ESTIMATED ex-showroom Price|
|Audi Q2 1.4 TFSI Petrol SE Price in India||Rs. 23.00 lakh|
|Audi Q2 1.4 TFSI Petrol Sport Price in India||Rs. 24.50 lakh|
|Audi Q2 1.4 TFSI Petrol S Line Price in India||Rs. 27.00 lakh|
|Audi Q2 2.0 TDI Diesel SE Price in India||Rs. 26.00 lakhs|
|Audi Q2 2.0 TDI Diesel Sport Price in India||Rs. 28.00 lakhs|
|Audi Q2 2.0 TDI Diesel S Line Quattro Price in India||Rs. 30.00 lakhs|
We’re expecting prices of the upcoming Audi SUV to start at around Rs. 23 lakh for the base petrol variant. The top of the line diesel trim could easily go up to Rs. 30 lakh. Internationally, the Audi Q2 is sold in three trims – SE, Sport and S Line.
Also See – Upcoming SUVs in India
Audi Q2 India – Specifications
|Engine Type/ Displacement||2.0 L TDI Diesel||1.4 L TFSI Petrol|
|Power||150 PS||150 PS|
|Torque||320 Nm||250 Nm|
|Top Speed||-NA-||212 km/h|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||-NA-||8.5 seconds|
|Transmission (Gearbox)||6-speed Manual/7-speed Automatic||7-speed Automatic|
|Mileage (estimated)||17-18 kpl||13-15 kpl|
We’re expecting the 2017 Audi Q2 to come to India with two engine options – 1.4 L Turbo Petrol and 2.0 L TDI Diesel. The 1.4 TFSI petrol recently made its India debut on the New Audi A4. This engine makes a maximum power of 150 PS and a peak torque of 250 Nm. Diesel model of the Q2 will get a 2.0 L unit, the same that already powers multiple Audi products in India. We’re not what state of tune the Q2’s diesel engine will be in. Our guess is that power will hover around the 140-150 bhp mark. The base diesel variant, like the Q3, could get a 6-speed manual transmission. Other trims will get a 7-speed S-Tronic automatic as standard.
Audi Q2 India Mileage
|Model||Estimated Overall Mileage|
|Audi Q2 1.4 TFSI Petrol||13-15 KMPL|
|Audi Q2 2.0 TDI Diesel||17-18 KMPL|
Audi Q2 India – Dimensions
|Length x Width x Height||4191 x 1794 x 1508 mm|
|Kerb Weight||1280 kg|
|Wheel Type and Size||18” Alloys|
|Boot Space||405 litres|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||50 litre|
Audi Q2 India – Features
- 16/17/18 inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights with daytime running lights
- LED rear lights
- Dynamic rear indicators
- Headlight washers
- Optional S Line Exterior package
- Optional Satin silver finish for C-Pillar
- MMI Navigation with Apple CarPlay and Andriod Auto
- Bluetooth, AUX, USB support
- Audi Virtual Cockpit – 12.3” full colour digital instrument cluster for the flexible display of information
- Dual Zone Automatic climate control
- Audi Phone Box with wireless charging
- S Line Interior trim package
- LED Interior Lighting
- Heated/Cooled front seats
- Cruise Control
- High Beam Assist
- Active lane assist
- 6-airbag system
- Electronic Stabilisation Control (ESC), including ABS, ASR and EDL
- Multi-collision brake assist
- Tyre pressure warning light
- Seat belt monitoring
- ISOFIX child seat mounting for front passenger (with airbag deactivation)
Audi Q2 India – Exterior Design Review
The design of the upcoming Q2 SUV is based on Audi’s latest design language. It gets sharper cuts and creases. There is a new single-frame grille up front, which is more prominent in comparison to current Audi models in India. The new Q2’s headlamps are full LED and get LED daytime running lights as well. The side profile of the car features a very flattened out shoulder line, which is an interesting design touch. There’s a thick C-Pillar that comes in black lending the car a floating roof effect. The Audi Q2 looks more like a grown-up hatchback than an SUV. It features rectangular LED tail lamps. These are very different from the sleeker, narrower tail lamp design most modern Audis features. The rear bears a passing resemblance to Volkswagen products such as the Polo.
Audi Q2 India – Interior Review
The dashboard design of the India-bound Audi Q2 shares some similarities with the Audi A3’s design. It features similar circular AC vents and climate control setup. The ‘floating’ touchscreen is a characteristic Audi feature. There is a sporty flat bottom steering wheel here, behind which you will find Audi’s Virtual Cockpit setup. It might be the cheapest Audi, but the cabin is very well built with impressive levels of fit and finish. Despite being the smallest SUV in Audi’s lineup, the Q2 has decent seating space for 4 adults. The cabin also gets generous 405 litre boot. However, the rear bench feels a little cramped because of the sloping roof and the rising window line. That said, leg space is not an issue. There are decals on the dash that light up in different fluorescent shades. Sounds a bit tacky, to be quite honest.
Audi Q2 Colour Options
Here’s a list of colour options Audi is offering in international markets. For India, the colour choices may vary
- Ara Blue
- Vegas Yellow
- Tango Red
- Nano Grey
- Ibis White
- Floret Silver
- Brilliant Black
Audi Q2 Video
Audi Q2 India – Images
Audi Q2 India Test Drive Review
While we are yet to conduct a full Audi Q2 Test Drive Review here in India, here are some of its highlights based on reviews conducted by publications abroad.
- AutoExpress found the Q2 to be surprisingly spacious for its size. Its build quality and looks are some of the highlights of this small Audi SUV.
- TopGear UK says the Audi Q2 is definitely are crossover meant for city use. It performed decently over bumps and potholes, which should work in its favour in India.
- The driving position isn’t very SUV-like. Feels like driving a hatchback. Level of refinement is exceptional.
- Great interior quality as expected from an Audi. The touchscreen is not retractable. Boot space impressive at 405 L.
- The Audi Q2 is fun to drive. The ride quality is impressive and the small SUV handles well.
- The upcoming Audi Q2 is a worthy alternative to entry-level luxury hatchbacks such as the Mercedes A-Class, BMW 1-Series and crossovers like the Mini Countryman.
Stay tuned to Car Blog India for news updates on Audi Q2 India Launch Date, Price, Specifications. Also watch this space for a full Audi Q2 India Test Drive Review.