2020 Honda City Changes – Features / Engine Specifications / Launch Date / Gearbox / Safety Features / Expected Price / Design
Honda is going to launch the new generation 2020 City sedan in India by April. The sedan has been already launched in the Thai market. It gets a complete makeover with new engines, new features and updated styling.
As of now, it is being sold with a BS6 petrol engine until the new version is launched. The diesel engine will directly come on the new-gen. Currently, the prices of City start off at Rs 9.81 Lakhs going up to 14.05 Lakhs (Ex-showroom). The new City is expected to start off above Rs 10 Lakhs crossing 15 Lakhs for the top-spec trim.
So, here are the few changes that will come on the 2020 Honda City:
- Honda City 2020 will continue with the same 1.5 Litre four-cylinder petrol engine, but with new mild-hybrid technology.
- The new City is expected to produce the same 117 BHP and 145 Nm of peak torque but will offer more mileage and better low-end torque.
- On the other hand, it will continue with its same 1.5 Litre four-cylinder iDTEC diesel engine. Currently, it produces 99 BHP and 200 Nm of peak torque.
- As of now, there is no word on the 1.0 Litre turbo-petrol motor coming to India. It is available on the Thai-spec City already. Over there, it produces 122 BHP and 170 Nm of torque.
- The petrol engine will come mated to a 5-speed manual and a CVT gearbox. Mostly, the mild-hybrid variants will get both the options.
- The diesel engine will get a 6-speed manual gearbox as earlier. However, finally, it will also get a CVT gearbox. Honda debuted the diesel-CVT configuration with Amaze and will now be carried over to the 2020 Honda City as well.
- Automatic Headlamps
- New Touchscreen Infotainment System With Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- LED Projector Headlamps with LED DRLs
- Dual-Tone Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels
- Auto Climate Control
- Cruise Control
- Steering Mounted Audio Controls
- Electric Sunroof
- Twin Pod Analogue Instrument Console With MID
- Hill Start Assist
New Safety Features
- Six Airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Day/night IRVMs
- High-Speed Alert
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Rear Parking Camera With Multi-View
- Speed Sensing Auto Door Lock
- Honda City 2020 will be longer and wider than the outgoing version. The Thai-spec is 100mm longer and 53mm wider and the same might be seen on India-spec City.
- To offer it as a sporty sedan, the ride height and wheelbase has been decreased by 28mm and 11mm respectively.
- Also, the new City will offer even more legroom space for the rear passengers. That makes one of the most comfortable sedans in the class, more comfortable.
Exterior And Interior Styling
- Talking about the styling, the new City looks sportier than the outgoing version. The cuts and creases have been redefined to flaunt a more edgy look.
- Then there’s completely refreshed front and rear bumpers, LED projector headlamps, new front grille, dual-tone 16-inch alloy wheels and a slightly upped boot lid.
- Inside the cabin, there’s a new dashboard theme that is also completely different from the outgoing version.
- There’s a flat-bottom steering wheel, new shape for AC vents, new twin-pod analogue speedometer and a bigger 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- In the Thai-spec City, it gets an all-black interior theme which might not come on the Indian version. We might get a dual-tone theme with slightly different seat upholstery.