Thousands of Indians migrate to the USA every year and getting a driving license there is quite a challenge due to so many rules and regulations.
In this video, an Indian vlogger deals with all those important tips that could ensure that you receive your driving license on the first attempt in the USA. This article is relevant for all those who are planning to travel to the USA in the near future or are already residing there and planning to take a driving test soon. The vlogger mentions that these rules are applicable to the state of Missouri. Let us dive into the entire process here.
You may also like: Bitcoin Mining in USA Causes as Much Pollution as 6 Million Cars
Indian Vlogger Shares Tips To Get Driving License In The USA
Before appearing for the actual test, the applicants must take an online written test and a vision test. For the written test, the applicant needs to answer 25 objective type questions and must score at least 20 marks (or 80%). This is the theoretical aspect of the test and can be taken twice on the same day if need be. Post passing the written test, you will be prompted to take the vision test where you will be asked about various road signs. After passing this test, if one feels confident, he/she can take the actual driving test on the same day.
You may also like: Average Car Age in US 12 Years Even As Delhi Bans 10-Year-Old Cars
- For the actual test, the first thing you need to explain to the instructor is the internal functions of the car. This includes things like power window switches and other controls on the door panel, hood switch, components like brake, accelerator, clutch, headlight control wiper switches, AC control, defogger settings, turn indicators, horn button, mirror adjustments, parking lights, etc.
- Thereafter, you need to know how to maintain the speed limit on the road.
- Lane change gesture is the next step which could also be a bit tricky. You must give the turn indicator firstly, then check the mirrors, and finally, turn back to look through the rear window for the blind spot. Once everything is clear, you could change the lane.
- The Stop Sign must be taken into consideration before merging into the traffic.
You may also like: Bad Winners’ Pegasus l’Étalon Noir RE Continental GT650
- While reversing, you must first put the car in reverse gear, hold the steering in a stable manner, and turn back to look for any obstacles behind the car.
- Finally, you must be able to parallel parking near the side curb in a specific way. When you are parking uphill with a curb, you must keep the steering wheel to the left after parking. Similarly, when you are parking downhill with a curb, your steering should be tilted toward the right side. However, when there is no curb, then you must point your steering toward the right side whether you are parking uphill or downhill.
These are some of the key tips that you must keep in mind while preparing to get your driving license in the USA for the first time.