Soon after the Auto Expo 2010 got over, it was expected that Maruti Suzuki will reduce the price of its cars to compete with the Small cars like Tata Nano and other Newly Launched Cars. On the contrary the largest consumer car company Maruti just announced price hike in its cars.
The increase in the prices is as follows :
- Maruti 800 & Maruti Alto – Price increased by Rs. 600
- Maruti A-Start & Maruti Ritz – Price increased by Rs. 600
- Maruti Suzuki SX4 – Price increased by Rs. 2000
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R – Price Increased by Rs. 3700
- Maruti Swift Diesel – Price Increase by Rs. 6500
- Maruti Zen Estilo – Price increase between Rs1243 and Rs. 2486
- Maruti Swift Dzire – Price Increase by 10,000
There has been no price hike in Swift Petrol, Maruti EECO, and other Gypsy models. Looking at this price hike it seems that the Maruti is trying to encash the popularity of its best-seller cars by increasing the price as per the popularity / demand of the car models.