Mercedes-Benz has expanded its AMG line-up in India by launching the GLA 45 AMG 4MATIC in India making it the 8th AMG branded product in the country. The Mercede-Benz GLA 45 AMG gets the complete AMG treatment in and out with sporty alloys, redesigned bumpers, AMG badging and a monstrous engine with unnecessary amounts of power.
The Mercedes-Benz GLA 45 AMG 4MATIC is priced at Rs. 69.60 lakhs (ex-showroom Mumbai) making it the most affordable SUV in the AMG line-up. The vehicle is available at dealerships across the country.
As part of the AMG treatment the crossover gets a plethora of design additions such as:
- AMG branded “twin blade” grille painted in matte titanium grey
- Redesigned front and rear bumpers
- Quadruple exhausts
- Side skirts and rear diffusers
- 19 inch AMG alloys
- Red accents on grille, wing mirrors and rear diffusers
- Red brake callipers
- Roof spoiler
- AMG badging all around
- All black interiors with brushed aluminium highlights
- 3-spoke nappa leather multifunction AMG Performance flat bottomed steering wheel with red contrasting topstitching and aluminum shift paddles
- AMG Performance seats with red contrasting topstitching and red designo safety belts
- Panoramic sunroof
- Illuminated door sill panels with ‘AMG’ lettering and Ambient lighting
Engine, Transmission & Performance
- 1991cc 4-cylinder turbocharged petrol
- 355bhp at 6,000 rpm
- 450Nm at 2,250-5,000 rpm
- AMG 4MATIC all wheel drive
- AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT (dual-clutch) 7- speed sports transmission
- Race Start mode (launch control)
- AMG sports suspension with specially tuned spring/damper units and bigger anti-roll bars
- AMG high-performance braking system with internally ventilated and perforated disc brake
- AMG Performance exhaust system
Since the GLA 45 AMG is based on the standard GLA most design and safety features such as the daytime running LED lights, LED tail lamps, ESP, Attention Assist, Pre Safe, etc are carried over from the standard car.
2014 has been a very busy year for Mercedes-Benz India with the GLA 45 AMG being their 9th launch this year and registered a 47% growth in the market selling more than 9,500 vehicles. It was a big year for AMG in Formula 1 as well as Mercedes-Benz AMG won its first ever FIA Formula 1 World Constructors Championship title with 13 wins, 35 podium finishes, 16 pole positions and 14 fastest laps from the 16 races so far.
Find out more about the Mercedes-Benz GLA
Official GLA 45 AMG webpage