The Nissan Kicks India Launch is expected in 2019. The Kicks is expected to be priced from Rs 10 Lakhs to Rs 15 Lakhs. Then, it will take on Creta and Renault Captur. Here, we give you the top 10 things that you should know about this upcoming compact SUV.
While in the compact SUV segment, everyone is about the Hyundai Creta. It’s like SUVs do not exist in this segment. Now, ignoring the Creta, the Nissan Kicks India launch is happening in 2019. The new Compact SUV will sit above Terrano and is expected to start with Terrano’s ending price. The Kicks is expected to start from Rs 10 Lakhs and go up to Rs 15 Lakhs. Bring its automatically in competition with ‘You Know Who’. Latest spy images of the SUV testing in the serene Nilgiri mountains have also surfaced online. Terrano and Micra are not that popular so this SUV might bolster their share. We do not know about its response, but we do know that you might be interested in knowing about a new compact SUV in the market. So without any further ado, check out the top 10 things to know about Nissan Kicks.
1. The Nissan Kicks India launch is expected to be in early 2019. The promotional activities and media events might start in December 2018. This SUV is much awaited in the market, because, people always want to see and buy new cars.
2. The price expected for the Kicks starts from Rs 10.90 Lakhs to Rs 15.20 Lakhs (ex-showroom). It will come in 5 variants – XE, XL, XL Plus, XV and XV Premium.
3. The upcoming compact SUV will come in both petrol and diesel variants. It will use a 1.6 Litre petrol unit and a 1.5 Litre K9K diesel engine. The petrol one gives out a power of 110 BHP and torque worth of 150 Nm. The diesel engine churns out 108 BHP of power and 250 Nm of torque.
4. The petrol variant will be mated to a 5-speed Manual along with an optional CVT gearbox. The diesel one will come with a 6-speed manual unit. Currently, as per we believe, there would not be an automatic option on the diesel variant.
5. The mileage claimed for this compact SUV is around 16 kmpl for the petrol model and 21 kmpl for the diesel model. Real life mileage could come to around 13 kmpl for petrol and around 19 kmpl for diesel.
6. Coming to the design, it does not get a boxy-type body. It gets the original Nissan front grille along with fewer orange inserts. The headlights get a flow-back concept housing projector headlamps. It gets a dual-tone treatment option too. The rear portion gets a decent hunchback with blacked out rear bumpers.
7. For Nissan, Orange might be the new Black. In the cabin, the Kicks gets a dual-tone Black-orange colour scheme with little silver inserts. Based on its global photos, it gets a striking yet somehow dull interior. It gets a small-touchscreen infotainment, which will be paired with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The SUV has four cameras that give the driver a 360-degree view of the car.
8. Moving on to the features, the Nissan Kicks actually gets many premium features. On the outside, it gets Projector headlamps with LED DRLs. On the inside, you get a touchscreen infotainment system, auto climate, cruise control, steering mounted audio controls and Electric ORVMs. We do not have more information about all the features, but we expect a bit more premium ones.
9. For safety purposes, it will come with Dual Airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts, Reverse Parking Sensors, Reverse Parking Camera and 360 degrees view for the driver through 4 cameras.
10. Last but not the least, let’s take on the competition. The list includes Hyundai Creta, Honda B-RV, Renault Captur and Maruti S-Cross. In this segment, Creta is the leader followed by S-Cross. Well, the list of compact SUVs start from Rs 8 Lakhs and go up to Rs 16 Lakhs. But in this price range, these are the ones to take on.
Stay Tuned to CarBlogIndia for more updates on the Nissan Kicks India Launch.