TVS has introduced a new variant of the Star City+ commuter motorcycle, named the TVS Star City+ Special Gold Edition. The launch coincides with the completion of one year of the highly successful TVS StaR City+. TVS showcased the City+ at the Indian Auto Expo in February 2014, claiming that the bike would introduce a level of style, performance, economy and features not seen in the segment. The TVS Star City+ has done pretty well in the commuter segment and this special edition will only help push sales during the highly lucrative festive season. As part of the Gold Edition, the Star City+ gets only cosmetic updates in the form of a new paint scheme and some branding all around.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – BMW-TVS 310cc Bike Launch Soon[/box]
The Special Gold Edition TVS StaR City+ is priced at Rs. 48,934/- ex-Delhi and is currently available at all TVS Showrooms across the country.
The standard Star City+ starts at Rs 44,382 (ex-showroom Delhi)
- White body colour with golden graphics
- Unique gold coloured mag wheels
- Gold coloured three-dimensional brand logo
- ‘Bike of the Year’ endorsement accompanying a gold coloured TVS logo on the visor
- Contrasting beige coloured side cover frame
- Dual textured seat with red stitching
- Red coloured shock absorbers.
[box type=”shadow” ]Also See – TVS Apache 200cc Launch[/box]
- Semi-digital instrument panel with economy indicator and service reminder
- Electric start (Optional)
- Dual-tone seat
- Alloy wheels
- Adjustable rear suspension
- USB Mobile Charging
Performance and Economy
- Engine : 110-cc EcoThrust, single cylinder. also used on the TVS Wego and TVs Jupiter
- Transmission : 4-speed manual
- Performance : 8.3 BHP @ 7,000 RPM and 8.7 Nm @ 5,000 RPM
- Chassis : Single cradle tubular frame, also used on the TVS Phoenix 125
- Dimensions (L x H x W) : 1980 mm x 1080 mm x 750 mm
- Wheelbase: 1260 mm
- Suspension : Oil-damped telescopic at front, 5-step adjustable hydraulic shocks at rear
- Brakes : 130 mm drum at front, 110 mm drum at rear
- Claimed Fuel-Economy : 86 KMPL
Photo Gallery : TVS Star City+ @ Auto Expo 2014
What do you think of the new TVS Star City+ Special Gold Edition? DO let us know via the comments section below and stay tuned to Car Blog India for more news and features.