While car makers such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Audi enjoying good sales in the international markets, dedicated manufacturers like Volvo are still not close to the needed numbers. If we talk in context of the Indian market, Volvo is yet to enjoy a good sales performance here and as of now, is registering unsatisfactory numbers.
For emerging market like ours, Volvo has showcased the much-talked-about Volvo V40 Cross Country crossover cum hatchback, which is nothing but a restyled V40. Earlier we reported that Volvo could bring the car to the Indian market and gladly it seems they have taken the right decision at the right time. What is being reported is that Volvo is planning to launch the V40 in March 2013 and will introduce the same as a CBU (completely built unit). The car will go against segment leaders such as BMW X1, Mercedes B-Class and Audi Q3.
Briefing our readers once again about the car, it is a V40 essentially but has a raised suspension. It measures 173 mm in height which is 40 mm more than the height of V40. Besides this the car features some visual upgrades to impart the off-road appeal to it.
Exterior Features Include
- Wheels with the same size as the Volvo V70, including up to 19-inch rims.
- The front with dark, contrasting bumper, honeycomb mesh grille and upright DRL-lights.
- The sculpted, contrasting sills.
- The contrasting rear bumper with integrated skid plate
Interior Features Include
- Height adjustable headrests on the front seats and the centre rear seat.
- A sunglass compartment above the driver’s door.
- A penholder in the glove compartment.
- Integrated cup holder in the rear seat.
- Handy storage under the instrument panel, on the front seat cushions, on the front seat backrests and on the outside of the rear seats and many more.
The car will be available with two petrol engines: T4 and T5. On the safety front, the car broke all the Euro-NCAP records and was adjudged as the Safest Car In Its Class, so no doubt it will beat Q3, B-Class and X1 in terms of safety.
Let us hope Volvo prices the car right so that buyers get another worthy option to consider.