So the new Honda City 2017 is here. The 2017 Honda City features a handful of cosmetic updates to draw in more buyers. Now, we’ve always felt the current generation Honda City is a pretty compelling buy. (You can read about the differences in the new and old car in our New Honda City 2017 vs Old Model comparison). However, thanks to various factors including ultra competitive pricing and more frugal engines, the Maruti Ciaz has long since overtaken the City on the sales charts. No wonder than, that, the City facelift will try hard to reclaim the lost crown. But with the Ciaz being a near formidable package, it won’t really be a cakewalk for the 2017 Honda City. A detailed 2017 Honda City review will follow this post in a few days. Meanwhile, you can get to know about various info on the new City here-
2017 Honda City Review – Design & Looks
The current generation City already impresses with its modern and suave looks. However, the facelift makes it all the better. The 2017 Honda City, while retaining the original design, brings in many new styling elements.
- The highlight here has to be the introduction of stylish LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs). Even the headlamps, which get LED fixtures, look a lot more premium.
- The City 2017 also gets a revised bumper. Even the grille is new, and looks bolder than the one on the earlier model.
- The rear-end gets new taillamps that have a revised motif and LED fixtures. Even the rear bumper is new.
- Also, the new City 2017 comes with many new chrome appliques and new alloy wheel design.
- On the inside, the dashboard has a new 7 inch touchscreen AVN unit.
- Also, the upholstery is new. However, a major update is the inclusion of a third headrest for the rear bench. The third headrest is for the middle passenger.
2017 Honda City – Features List
- Bolder Front Grille
- New touchscreen AVN
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
- 7 inch LCD Display
- Rear Power Outlets
- Automatic Climate Control
- New Front Bumper
- Turn-by-turn navigation,
- 1.5 GB media storage
- MirrorLink connectivity
- Voice recognition
- New Rear Bumper
- Projector Headlights
- New LED taillamps
- New Boot Lid
- Eight Speakers
- CD/Aux-in/Bluetooth Compatibility
- Automatic Climate Control
- Reverse parking Camera
- Engine immobilizer
- ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts
- Dual front airbags; Side and curtain airbags on ZX
- ABS with EBD
2017 Honda City Facelift Images
2017 Honda City Variants
- S MT Petrol
- SV MT Petrol
- V MT Petrol
- V CVT Petrol Automatic
- VX MT Petrol
- VX CVT Petrol Automatic
- ZX CVT Petrol Automatic
- S MT Diesel
- SV MT Diesel
- V MT Diesel
- VX MT Diesel
- ZX MT Diesel
The City facelift gets 5 trims: S, SV, V, VX and ZX. This means that both E and VX(O) trims have been removed. Also, the base S trim is available only with the petrol engine variant. The 2017 Honda City also gets a new ZX trim. The new ZX trim brings in some more features, like LED headlamps. LED foglamps, LED taillamps, new Diamond cut alloys and auto headlamp.
2017 Honda City Price
|Honda City iVTEC S, 1.5 Petrol, Manual||Rs 8.50 Lakh|
|Honda City iVTEC SV, 1.5 Petrol, Manual||Rs 9.54 Lakh|
|Honda City iVTEC V, 1.5 Petrol, Manual||Rs 10.00 Lakh|
|Honda City iVTEC VX, 1.5 Petrol, Manual||Rs 11.65 Lakh|
|Honda City iVTEC V CVT, 1.5 Petrol, Automatic||Rs 11.54 Lakh|
|Honda City iVTEC VX CVT, 1.5 Petrol, Automatic5||Rs 12.85 Lakh|
|Honda City iVTEC ZX CVT, 1.5 Petrol, Automatic||Rs 13.53 Lakh|
|Honda City iDTEC SV, 1.5 Diesel, Manual||Rs 10.76 Lakh|
|Honda City iDTEC V, 1.5 Diesel, Manual||Rs 11.56 Lakh|
|Honda City iDTEC VX, 1.5 Diesel, Manual||Rs 12.87 Lakh|
|Honda City iDTEC ZX, 1.5 Diesel, Manual||Rs 13.57 Lakh|
2017 Honda City Facelift Competition
Stay tuned to CarBlogIndia for latest news updates on the new Honda City facelift 2017. Also watch this space for a 2017 Honda City review and test drive details.