The craze for super-bikes is not booming in India. However, it is good enough to keep the global players interested. A few days back, the Japanese bike maker Kawasaki launched its new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R. The high-powered bike is a follow up of the previously launched ZX-9R and will be imported in the form of completely built units (CBU) from Kawsaki’s Japanese factory.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R will be exclusively available at Kawasaki stores in India, of which there is only one at present, in Wakdewadi, Pune. More Kawasaki stores will be available in major metros in the country soon.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is priced at Rs. Rs. 15.7 Lakh (ex-showroom Pune)
The Dimensions of the bike are as follows:
- Length: 2075 mm
- Height: 1115 mm
- Wheelbase 1425 mm
- Ground clearance: 135 mm
- Seat height: 813 mm
- Weight: 201 Kg
Engine and Transmission:
- Engine type: Liquid cooled, 4-stroke, Inline four cylinder
- Displacement: 998 cc
- Performance figures: 197 BHP @ 13000 rpm / 112 Nm @11500 rpm
- Fuel capacity: 17 Litres
- Starter: Electric
- Transmission: 6-speed (one-down, five up pattern)
This rev-happy engine coupled to the slick transmission lets the Ninja ZX-10R accelerate from rest to 100 KMPH in less than 6 seconds! The six-speed transmission helps the bike cruise at higher speeds with ease and also helps the bike deliver a mileage of 10 KMPL.
- Suspension: 120 mm inverted forks at the front, 140 mm single shock at the rear
- Wheel and Tyres: 17-inch wheels front and back, 120mm wide tyres at the front and 190mm at the back
- Braking (front): Dual, 310 mm discs with 4-piston calipers.
- Braking (rear): Single, 220 mm discs with single-piston caliper.
- Aprilia RSV4 R (999.6 cc /182 BHP / 117 Nm / Rs. 15.68 Lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai)
- BMW S1000RR (999 cc / 193 BHP / 112 Nm / Rs. 20.93 Lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai)
- Honda CBR1000RR (999 cc / 176 BHP / 112 Nm / Rs. 16.59 Lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai)
- Suzuki GSX-R1000 (999 cc / 155 BHP / 103 Nm / Rs. 15 Lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai)
- Yamaha YZF-R1 (998 cc / 180 BHP / 115 Nm / Rs. 14.67 Lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai)
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is clearly the most powerful 1000cc bike on sale on India and slots neatly in the middle of the category in terms of price.
More Photos Of The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R