Tata Motors has almost given a shock to the Indian auto industry with a highly competitive pricing of its new model of Tata Indica eV2 2011. The new Tata Indica aka eV2 with CR4 engine is not only refreshed and high on mileage, but also cheaper. The petrol version of Tata Indic eV2 starts at Rs. 2.95 Lakhs ex-showroom Delhi ! This is a direct competition for Maruti Alto which is the largest selling cars not only in India, but in the whole world. Maruti Suzuki sells 30,000 units of Alto in India. With Tata Indica eV2 priced at the same level as the Maruti Alto K10, this is going to definitely strike some of the share of Alto’s sales.
Tata Indica eV2 2011 New Model Variants and Price In India
- Tata Indica eV2 Petrol is available in 4 trim levels – GL, GLE, GLS and GLX. The prices of Petrol variants start from Rs. 2.95 Lakhs and goes up to Rs. 3.58 Lakhs ex-showroom Delhi
- Tata Indica eV2 Diesel is available in 4 trim levels – L, LE, LS and LX. The prices of Diesel variants start from Rs. 3.95 Lakhs and goes up to Rs. 4.77 Lakhs ex-showroom Delhi
Tata Indica eV2 2011 Features And Specifications
The Indica features include:
- eV2 is spacious, refreshed with a new colour tone of interiors space
- Diesel Engine variants has a ARAI approved mileage of 25 KMPL !
- All new CR4 Common Rail Diesel engine
- Improvements in the gear ratios
- Starter motor protection
- 32% increase in power than old Diesel Indica
- 65% increase in torque than old Diesel Indica
- 46% improvement on fuel efficiency than old Diesel Indica
- Tata Indica eV2 is also available with the MPFI petrol engine to provide customers with a wider choice
- Both these engines are compliant with BS4 emission norms
- SMART EMS (Engine Management System) CHIP that involves perfectly calibrating every minute engine component to optimize functionality – Right from valve timing to compression ratios to pressure volume ratios, it flawlessly synchronizes every engine function to deliver this mileage
- MAXIMUM CHARGE COMBUSTION – An innovatively designed engine block and piston assembly that ensures effective intake and circulation of charge (mixture of air and fuel), thereby almost preventing friction between parts. The result is max combustion of charge, increased efficiency and power
- DRAG REDUCTION – Redesigned wheel arches and subtle alterations on the exterior combined with a lighter shell and engine have collectively contributed to making the car more aerodynamic, reducing the drag coefficient.
- The Auto-Drive Assist ensures that while climbing a gradient the engine will not stall even if the foot is completely taken off the clutch, thus enabling the driver to easily shift his foot to the accelerator.
- Clutch-To-Start feature that will ensure that one cannot crank the engine unless the clutch is fully engaged, hence there is no risk of re-crank if engine is on.
- The interiors of the new Tata Indica eV2 are in elegant shadow beige colour
- The top trim sports a wooden finish center console and host of other features like power windows, keyless entry, Bluetooth enabled music system and USB port, 4 spoke collapsible steering wheel, tachometer, rear parcel shelf, 60:40 rear seating, front and rear fog lamps.
- The exterior styling gets enhanced by sporty alloy wheels, attractive decals, a new tail light cluster and rear bumper.
- The Tata Indica eV2 range is available in four exciting colours- Apple Green, Neo Orange, Arctic Silver and Mint White.
- The car comes with a warranty of 24 months or 75000 km whichever is earlier.
For detailed features list, check out the link below: