The much-awaited 2021 Skoda Octavia has been finally launched in India. The luxury sedan is also not in competition with any other product in the segment according to its price point. It lies somewhere between something like the Hyundai Elantra and the premium sedans from the Germans. If you are looking for something a bit more luxurious and plush than an Elantra and don’t want to go all the way to the BMW, Mercedes or Audi, it is a perfect balance between both worlds. While we have already discussed a lot about Octavia in our earlier reports, let us check out the key changes and updates that the 2021 Skoda Octavia brings with it in its fourth-generation avatar.
2021 Skoda Octavia – Exterior Design Highlights
The new Octavia looks unmistakably Skoda with the elements of all the modern design language of the Czech carmaker. Let us take a look at the highlights from the design point of view.
- Bi-LED Automatic Headlamps with Adaptive Lighting System and Cornering Function for enhanced convenience.
- Redesigned LED Fog Lamps With Chrome Line connecting them.
- Typical modern broad butterfly Skoda grille with chrome surrounds.
- Muscular and Sculpted Bonnet and sharp creases highlighting the nose of the sedan.
- Plenty of chrome elements on the front and rear.
- Stylish 17-inch Alloy Wheels with pronounced side profile due to the characteristic creases and wheel arches.
- Coupe-like Silhouette is the defining design cue for the side profile.
- Drag Coefficient of 0.24, which is among the best in the world of the car of this segment improving driving dynamics.
- Two-part Split LED tail lamps and Skoda lettering across the width of the rear enhances the rear appeal.
- Larger dimensions than the outgoing model along with a longer wheelbase.
2021 Skoda Octavia – Interiors and Features Highlights
It is expected from a car of this price range to come with all sorts of modern comfort, connectivity and convenience features along with plenty of safety kit. The interiors are plush and equipped with high-quality materials everywhere on the inside. Following are some of the highlights of the interiors of the Octavia.
- Premium Beige Suedia Leather Upholstery to give the looks a luxurious touch along with Chrome highlights.
- 10-inch Digital Touchscreen Infotainment System with Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Skoda Connected Car Tech with Mirror Link.
- Virtual Cockpit-style customizable Digital Driver’s Instrument Cluster.
- Voice Commands and Type C USB ports.
- Touch Slider for Volume Control and Smart Link Technology.
- 12-Speak Premium Canton Sound System including a Subwoofer.
- 12-way electrically adjustable driver and front passenger seats, with lumbar support and memory function.
- Two-Spoke Multi-purpose Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel.
- LED Ambient Mood Lighting with different shades of colours.
- Two-Zone Automatic Climate Control.
- Hands-free Parking and a massive 600-litre boot compartment.
- Gesture Operated LED Reading Lights and Hands-free Tailgate Operation.
- Umbrella Holders and Roller Sun Shades.
2021 Skoda Octavia – Safety Equipment
- A segment-first – 8-Airbags
- iBuzz Fatigue Alert System.
- ABS with EBD and ESC.
- Mechanical Brake Assist (MBA) and Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA).
- Multi Collision Braking.
- Anti Slip Regulation.
- Electronic Differential Lock.
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Camera.
- KESSY (Keyless Entry, Start, Stop) all on doors.
- Plenty of other features with the Skoda Connected Car Tech App.
2021 Skoda Octavia – Powertrain and Prices
The 2021 Skoda Octavia comes with a powerful 2.0-litre TSI turbo petrol engine making 190 hp and 320 Nm of peak power and torque respectively. This engine is mated to a 7-speed DSG (Dual-Clutch Transmission) which adapts to the driving styles of the individual and road conditions. There is an introduction of the “Shift-by-Wire” system for the gear selection which is integrated into the centre console between the front seats. Also, the Electromechanical Parking Brake is standard across both the variants freeing up a ton of space due to the lack of the handbrake lever as it is operated by a button. The Octavia comes in two trims; Style and top-trim Laurin and Klement (L&K). The Style variant costs Rs 25.99 lakh, while the L&K variant costs Rs 28.99 lakh, ex-showroom. There are no direct competitors to the Octavia in our market.