The evolution of car audio systems has been remarkable in recent years. From their humble beginnings as simple stereos with a couple of speakers, they have transformed into sophisticated systems comprising various components that deliver exceptional sound quality. A car audio system, often referred to as a car sound system or infotainment system, has become an indispensable feature in modern vehicles, allowing occupants to enjoy their preferred music, podcasts, and more while on the move. Let’s delve into the advantages of owning a car audio system, explore the different types available in India, and present our selection of 10 best car audio systems for cars. We will provide details on their prices, specifications, advantages, and disadvantages.
You may also like: How to File a Complaint Against an Incorrectly Issued Traffic Challan
Benefits of Having a Car Audio System
There are numerous advantages to having a car audio system. Firstly, it can enhance your driving experience significantly. Enjoying your favorite music can promote relaxation and stress relief during long journeys. It can also make your car more enjoyable to drive and contribute to increased alertness and focus on the road.
Modern car audio systems often include infotainment features, providing access to navigation, weather updates, and hands-free calling, which keeps you informed and connected while driving. Beyond enhancing your driving experience, a car audio system can also increase the resale value of your vehicle. Should you decide to sell your car in the future, a high-quality car audio system can make it more appealing to potential buyers.
You may also like: How to Keep Rats and Rodents Away from Car in Just Rs 10?
Types of Car Audio Systems
Car audio systems come in two primary types: factory-installed systems and aftermarket systems. Each type presents unique advantages and considerations for car owners. Let’s delve into these categories:
Factory-Fitted Audio Systems
Factory-installed systems are the ones that come with your vehicle when you buy it. They are often a cost-effective option but they mostly lack customization capabilities and may not deliver optimal audio quality. For example, some factory-installed systems might lack bass adjustment and MID tuning option. This stops you from adjusting the output based on the vocals, instruments, and background sounds. Also, upgrading individual components of the music system can turn out to be pretty challenging without any professional help.
Aftermarket Audio Systems
Post-purchase, you can enhance your car’s audio experience with aftermarket systems. These systems provide an extensive array of features and customization choices, appealing to individuals who value superior audio and personalization. Let’s explore the primary categories of aftermarket car audio systems and components:
- Single DIN Music Player: Single Din (DIN” is an abbreviation for “Deutsches Institut für Normung” or “German Institute for Standardisation,” used in car audio to denote head unit sizes) systems represent the conventional car audio configurations featuring a single slot for the head unit. These setups are compact and well-suited for older vehicle models or those with space constraints. Despite their smaller displays, they can deliver remarkable audio performance and come equipped with impressive features.
- Double DIN Music Player: Double Din systems feature larger touchscreen displays, presenting a more contemporary and visually enticing interface. These setups frequently incorporate advanced functionalities such as smartphone integration (compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto), built-in navigation, and an array of other enhancements.
- Component Speaker: For those passionate about exceptional sound quality and precise audio reproduction, component speaker systems emerge as an outstanding option. These setups comprise distinct tweeters, woofers, and crossovers, enabling precise sound imaging and significantly enhancing overall clarity.
- Coaxial Speaker: Coaxial or full-range speakers are a more prevalent and user-friendly choice for installation. These speakers consolidate the woofer and tweeter into a single unit, delivering respectable sound performance without necessitating extra components.
- Sub-wooefers: If you’re a bass enthusiast seeking deep and potent bass, consider incorporating a powered subwoofer into your current audio system. These subwoofers provide that additional punch and extended low-frequency range, elevating your overall listening enjoyment.
Top 10 Car Audio Systems in India with Prices
|Car Audio System||Starting Price||Pros||Cons|
|JVC CS- J6930||2,700||Affordable pricing Decent sound Easy installation||Midrange frequencies could be improved|
|Sound Boss SB-6979||₹2,800||Budget-friendly Powerful sound Ideal for bass lovers||Build quality could be better|
|Kenwood KFC-M614P||₹4,800||Clear and loud sound Durable build Easy to install||Lacks additional components for a complete audio setup|
|JBL GTO609C||₹5,999||Crystal-clear sound Separate components Good power handling||Slightly expensive Requires professional installation|
|Blaupunkt San Marino 330||₹7,990||User-friendly interface Multimedia format support||Display resolution could be better|
|Infinity Kappa 60.11CS||15,990||Premium audio performance High-quality build||Relatively expensive|
|Sony XAV- AX5000||23,990||Intuitive touchscreen Seamless smartphone integration Clear sound||No built-in GPS navigation|
|Pioneer AVH- Z7250BT||24,999||High-quality audio and video playback Extensive audio tuning||No built-in Wi-Fi|
|Sony XAV- AX8000||29,990||Large and clear display Seamless integration High-quality audio||No built-in GPS navigation|
|Alpine iLX- 702D||35,990||Stunning display Comprehensive integration Audio tuning||Premium price tag|
You may also like: How to Fix Car Glass Scratches at Home?
10 Best Car Music Systems India 2023
JVC, which stands for Victor Company of Japan, is a renowned Japanese brand under the ownership of JVCKenwood. With a history dating back to its establishment in 1927 as the Victor Talking Machine Company of Japan, later known as Victor Company of Japan, Ltd., JVC has built a strong reputation for manufacturing top-tier audio and video equipment. Their car audio systems are distinguishable by their state-of-the-art technology, sleek designs, and user-friendly interfaces, making them a favored choice among individuals in search of a dependable and feature-rich audio enhancement that delivers crystal-clear and immersive sound experiences.
Recommended Model: JVC CS-J6930
Starting Price: ₹2,700
- 6×9-inch 3-way coaxial speakers
- Peak Power: 400 Watts
- RMS Power: 45 Watts
- Frequency Response: 30Hz – 22kHz
- Budget-friendly pricing
- Respectable sound quality
- Effortless installation
- Room for improvement in midrange frequencies
Sound Boss, an Indian brand that has swiftly risen to prominence in the car audio industry, is gaining recognition for its cost-effective and feature-rich product offerings. The brand’s unique selling point (USP) revolves around providing budget-friendly car audio solutions without compromising on sound quality. Sound Boss car audio systems frequently feature robust subwoofers and deliver dynamic sound performance, making them a preferred choice for both enthusiasts of bass-heavy music and individuals seeking an upgraded audio experience without breaking the bank.
Model: Sound Boss SB-6979
Starting Price: ₹2,800
- 6×9-inch 3-way coaxial speakers
- Peak Power: 1000 Watts
- RMS Power: 150 Watts
- Frequency Response: 45Hz – 22kHz
- Economical pricing
- Robust sound output
- Ideal for bass enthusiasts
- Potential for improvement in build quality
Founded in 1946, Kenwood Corporation, a Japanese audio equipment manufacturer, has established itself as a trusted and innovative brand in the industry. Kenwood is renowned for its commitment to advanced audio tuning techniques and enhancing the overall in-car audio experience. Their product range encompasses various car audio systems, such as component speakers, amplifiers, and multimedia receivers. Kenwood’s emphasis on sound quality and user-friendly interfaces has cultivated a dedicated following within the car audio market.
Model: Kenwood KFC-M614P
Starting Price: ₹4,800
- 6×9-inch 2-way coaxial speakers
- Peak Power: 400 Watts
- RMS Power: 45 Watts
- Frequency Response: 57Hz – 20kHz
- Crisp and powerful sound output
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Straightforward installation
- May require additional components for a comprehensive audio setup
JBL (James Bullough Lansing)
Founded by James Bullough Lansing in 1946, JBL, a renowned American audio brand, boasts a rich legacy of delivering exceptional sound experiences. Their car audio systems have garnered widespread acclaim for their ability to faithfully reproduce high-fidelity sound, a testament to their decades-long expertise in professional audio equipment.
JBL’s unique selling proposition lies in their pioneering use of cutting-edge technologies and premium materials, including their iconic Polypropylene Plus One™ woofers, renowned for enhancing bass response. These car audio systems are celebrated for their capacity to produce crystal-clear and immersive soundscapes, positioning them as a top choice among discerning audiophiles and music aficionados worldwide.
Model: JBL GTO609C High-Fidelity Component Speaker System
Starting Price: ₹5,999
- Peak Power Handling: 270 Watts
- RMS Power Handling: 75 Watts
- Frequency Response: 67Hz – 21kHz
- Impedance: 3 ohms
- Exceptional sound clarity
- Separate components for precise audio reproduction
- High power handling capability
- Comparatively higher cost than coaxial speakers
- Professional installation recommended for optimal performance
Founded in 1923, Blaupunkt, a German brand whose name means “blue point,” boasts a distinguished history in the automotive audio industry, spanning decades. Their unique selling proposition centers on their unwavering commitment to delivering top-tier audio solutions, with a keen emphasis on enhancing the user experience. Blaupunkt’s car audio systems offer easy installation and operation, ensuring seamless connectivity and compatibility with a wide array of multimedia formats. Their track record for reliability and cost-effectiveness has positioned them as a preferred choice among vehicle owners seeking a trustworthy audio enhancement.
Model: Blaupunkt San Marino 330
Starting Price: ₹7,990
- 6.2-inch digital TFT touchscreen display
- Built-in Bluetooth
- USB and AUX inputs
- 4 x 50W output power
- Intuitive user interface
- Extensive multimedia format support
- Excellent value proposition
- Display resolution could be improved
Established in 1968, Infinity, an American brand operating under the umbrella of Harman International, an acclaimed name in premium audio products, has consistently pursued the pinnacle of audio excellence Infinity’s car audio systems integrate cutting-edge technologies, such as Plus One™ woofer cones and edge-driven textile dome tweeters, to ensure precise and faithful sound reproduction. Renowned for their exceptional clarity, intricate detailing, and precise sound imaging, Infinity car audio systems have gained a strong following among discerning audiophiles and music aficionados.
Model: Infinity Kappa 60.11CS
Starting Price: ₹15,990
- 6.5-inch component speaker system
- Peak Power: 540 Watts
- RMS Power: 180 Watts
- Frequency Response: 45Hz – 35kHz
- Premium audio performance
- High-quality construction materials
- Adjustable tweeter levels
- Relatively higher price point
Sony, a Japanese multinational conglomerate with a rich history dating back to its establishment in 1946, has consistently pioneered the electronics industry. Sony’s dedication to delivering top-tier products is exemplified in their car audio systems Sony’s unique selling proposition (USP) centers around its seamless integration with smartphones through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, offering access to a wide array of applications and features. Furthermore, Sony’s car audio systems are engineered to deliver crisp and dynamic sound, benefiting from Sony’s extensive experience in audio engineering. The brand’s esteemed reputation, combined with user-friendly interfaces and advanced functionalities, has propelled it to prominence in the realm of car audio systems.
Model: Sony XAV-AX5000
Starting Price: ₹23,990
- 6.95-inch touchscreen display
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 4 x 55W Dynamic Reality Amp 2
- Intuitive and responsive touchscreen
- Seamless smartphone integration
- Clear and dynamic sound output
- Lack of built-in GPS navigation
Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo, Japan, in 1938, stands as a global leader in car audio systems and home entertainment products. Pioneer’s unique selling proposition (USP) hinges on its diverse lineup of car audio solutions designed to accommodate various needs and budgets From feature-rich touchscreen infotainment units to robust amplifiers and speakers, Pioneer offers an extensive array of choices. Their car audio systems are celebrated for delivering high-fidelity audio playback and user-friendly interfaces, positioning them as a preferred option among vehicle owners seeking a seamless fusion of technology and performance
Model: Pioneer AVH-Z7250BT
Starting Price: ₹24,999
- 7-inch WVGA touchscreen display
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible
- Built-in Bluetooth
- 13-band graphic equalizer
- High-quality audio and video playback
- Comprehensive audio tuning capabilities
- Dual phone connection via Bluetooth
- Absence of built-in Wi-Fi
Alpine Electronics, established in Japan in 1967, has maintained a prominent position in the car audio industry. The unique selling proposition (USP) of Alpine centers on their commitment to high-quality sound, advanced connectivity options, and user-friendly interfaces.
Alpine’s car audio systems are often equipped with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, ensuring seamless smartphone integration. Their reputation for delivering robust and immersive audio experiences, combined with durable build quality, has solidified their standing in the car audio market.
Model: Alpine iLX-702D
Starting Price: ₹35,990
- 7-inch touchscreen display
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- 4 x 50W amplifier
- Impressive display quality
- Extensive smartphone integration capabilities
- Exceptional audio tuning options
- Premium pricing
You may also like: Tips on How To Reverse Park Your Car – VIDEO
What We Think
Purchasing a top-notch car audio system can greatly elevate your driving experiences, adding joy and lasting memories to every journey. A wide array of options exists to cater to diverse preferences and budgets, ranging from high-performance component speaker systems to feature-packed infotainment units.
If your main priority is exceptional sound quality, certain choices provide immersive audio experiences. For those in search of a harmonious blend of performance and affordability, other options offer satisfying sound quality without straining your finances. Keep in mind that music holds the ability to uplift your spirits and craft enduring moments, so select the perfect car audio system to infuse your road trips with melodious and delightful tunes. Happy shopping!
A: It varies according to personal preferences and requirements. Nevertheless, JBL, Blaupunkt, and Sony stand out as bast car audio system brands in India recognized for their top-tier car audio systems.
A: The Infinity Kappa 60.11CS is renowned for its exceptional audio quality and durable construction, providing an immersive sound experience.
A: The Sony XAV-AX5000 is notable for its user-friendly touchscreen interface and effortless integration with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
A: The Sound Boss SB-6979 provides impressive sound performance, particularly catering to bass enthusiasts, all while maintaining an attractive affordability, which is perfect for car owners looking for a budget-friendly option.
A: Indeed, the Sound Boss SB-6979 is a cost-effective choice that offers robust sound, making it a preferred selection for those who appreciate powerful bass. Nevertheless, there is room for improvement in its construction quality.
A: Certainly, the Infinity Kappa 60.11CS delivers exceptional audio quality and boasts top-notch craftsmanship, which rationalizes its somewhat high cost.
A: No, the Sony XAV-AX5000 does not have built-in GPS navigation. However, it boasts an intuitive touchscreen, seamless smartphone integration, and clear sound quality.
You may also like: Radial Tyres vs Normal Tyres – Which Are Better for Your Motorcycle?