Updated on 1st Feb 2012-
Maruti Suzuki has been doing quite good at the sales numbers of the existing Maruti Swift Dzire, in fact in entry level sedan segment, Swift Dzire is the best seller in its price segment. With new entrants into this segment like Toyota Etios sedan, Nissan Sunny Sedan etc. has increased the competition and choices for buyers, but Dzire still remains as the best-selling car in its segment. A new model of Maruti Swift Dzire- Dzire 2012 also known as the Swift 3.99 – Read Details here – Comparison Between Old and New Model Of Maruti Swift Dzire. The interesting fact is that the new Swift 3.99 sedan will be slightly longer than the new Model Maruti Swift 2011 and will be less than 4 meters in length. This will make it fall in the small car segment and less excise duty. The new Swift Sedan or Dzire 2012 is expected to cost less because of the fact that the new car will come under lesser excise bracket. The new Dzire is expected to cost Rs.30,000 to Rs. 50,000 lesser than the old one. Now the next big question which arrives is that Will Maruti Suzuki India phase out the old Maruti Swift Dzire after the launch of Maruti Swift 3.99 Sedan? Will the new model of Swift Dzire be sold simultaneously with the new Swift 3.99 Sedan or the old model will be be phased out?
image – Maruti Swift 2011 for illustration only
The answer to the question still needs to be addressed officially, but there can be supporting arguments for why or why nor Maruti Suzuki should phase out Maruti Swift Dzire old model after the introduction of new model. We has listed below our opinion on the two arguments below, feel free to add your point of view and valued opinions by leaving a comment below.
Why Maruti Should Phase Out Old Maruti Dzire After Launching New Swift 3.99 Sedan?
- Like Maruti phased out old Maruti Swift after introducing new and improved Maruti Swift 2011, it should phase out old Maruti Dzire sedan. It will help reduce load on assembly lines as less models are easier to produce, transport and sell compared to more models of same car.
- It will help the sales of new model.
- It will help improve the brand Image of New Swift Sedan as the new car is improved in many ways.
- It will help Maruti to maintain lesser inventories at the production, sales and service networks.
- A bare bone (base) variant with minimum features will help retain the customers who want lower cost sedan and it will help retain the existing pricing advantage.
Why Maruti Should Not Phase Out Old Maruti Dzire After Launching New Swift 3.99 Sedan?
- It will help to retain the sales volume from the buyers looking for a more spacious sedan with larger boot.
- The old Dzire can be phased out later after a couple of years when the new Swift Sedan takes over most of the sales volume in the segment. This will prevent the loss of customers for Maruti Suzuki.
- It will add more choice for buyers to select from, which is positive in many scenarios.
Whatever be the case, the official information on the same is still awaited and will become clear in coming weeks when Maruti showcases the new model at the Auto Expo 2012 in New Delhi. For latest updates, stay tuned to us by liking our official Facebook Page and sign up for our free email newsletter.
check out more-