The highly awaited Ola Electric Scooter is close to making it to the market as it will be officially launched on August 15. However, as is the case with most such new products that promise to revolutionise the market, even this e-scooter has brought along a fraud that has the potential to end up trapping a lot of unsuspecting people. Thanks to the high demand for this scooter, many wonder if it would be profitable to open up a dealership for the latest entrant to our country’s EV market. Little do these guys realise that the company has already said that it would conduct all the retail business online, which means it is not seeking applications for dealership enquiry. But to cheat people who aren’t aware of this, a fraudulent organisation has floated ads in various newspapers inviting applications for the dealerships.
As can be seen in the advertisement above, the ad invites people to submit applications for Ola Electric Scooter dealership along with a payment of Rs 45,000 for the processing fee. This fee needs to paid online through NEFT/RTGS/Online Banking/UPI to an account whose details have been provided in the newspaper. It also reads that Chas deposits won’t be accepted, probably, because that would lead to discovery of the true identity of the bank account holder.
Like we said, the above advertisement is nothing but an attempt by some fraudster to con many into losing their money. It must be noted here that like Tesla, Ola will make use of a direct-to-consumer approach for the retail of its scooters, which would, basically, mean there will be no physical showrooms anywhere. Hinting its home delivery services, CEO Bhavish Aggarwal has earlier said that the company would would “deliver and service all across India” right from “Day 1 of deliveries”. “India’s EV revolution is here and how! Reservations pouring in from 1,000+ cities, towns. Right from day 1 of deliveries, we’ll deliver & service all across India. Details on 15th Aug. Let’s create this revolution together!.” Aggarwal tweeted.
Right now, there’s only one way to book an Ola Electric Scooter and that’s online. Below, we have provided all the steps you need to follow to pre-order the Series S two-wheeler from Ola –
- Visit OlaElectric.com and click on the ‘Reserve for Rs 499’ button
- Next, you need to enter your mobile phone number, check the captcha verification and press the ‘next’ button
- You will now have received an OTP on the registered mobile no. which you need to enter in the box and click on ‘next’
- A new dialogue box with the title ‘Total Payable – Rs 499’ will open. It will provide you with three payment options – Debit/Credit card, UPI and Netbanking
- Choose your preferred payment option to be redirected to a payment getaway
- After the successful payment has been made, you will be provided with your order ID along with other details via SMS as well as email.
Stay tuned to CarBlogIndia for more updates on the Ola Series S electric scooter.