We had told you about the upcoming Piaggio Vespa S 125 before they showcased the scooter at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo. The scooter was showcased at the event and it was revealed that it would be launched in India soon after, but the exact date was not revelaed. Now it has been officially confirmed that the scooter will be launched on 4th March 2014 in Mumbai. The interesting bit is that the scooter is already available for sale at some dealerships in the country. The scooter is essentially a slightly redesigned Vespa, which will be positioned in above the VX 125 variant of the Vespa, and sold as the more ‘sporty’ variant in the range.
Updated on 6th March 2014
The Piaggio Vespa S 125 is priced at Rs. 75,424, ex-showroom Delhi.
Updated on 3rd March 2014
As we mentioned before, the Piaggio Vespa S 125 is different only cosmetically and does not get any mechanical changes from the LX 125 and the VX 125.
- Orange (in the photo above)
- Matte Black (in the photos, in the gallery below)
- Rectangular headlamp
- Rectangular chrome faux air-intake on the front apron
- New chrome garnish above the faux air-intake
- Rectangular ORVMs, chrome covers
- New handlebar cover design
- New instrument cluster design, reflecting the rectangular theme on the scooter
- New seat design with contrast stitching
- Rider footrest area is redesigned, more spacious
- Tail-lamp design and position is new
- Contrast painted springs, front and rear
- Powder coated black three-spoke alloy wheels, same design as ones on the VX 125
- Checkered flag decal on the engine cover
The Vespa brand of scooters in India combine the retro looks of the earlier Vespas with new engines and mechanicals; the Vespa S 125 continues with the theme, though with the added ‘sporty’ look.
It is powered by the same 125cc 10 BHP/ 10.6 Nm single-cylinder engine that powers the Vespa VX. Other mechanicals like the front disc brake, trailing-link front suspension, traditional shocks at the rear are carried over from the VX as well.
What do you think of the Piaggio Vespa S 125? Let us know in the comments section below. Check out the photos of the scooter below.
Photo Gallery: Piaggio Vespa S 125 at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo
What do you think of the Vespa S? Let us know in the comments section below.
The Vespa S 125 is another addition to the Vespa lineup but does not offer any performance upgrades, are styling upgrades enough for the brand to be popular. We will have to wait and see.
Catch the latest car and bike news updates by Car Blog India on Google news- click here!