British luxury car maker Rolls Royce has launched the updated version of the Ghost called the Rolls Royce Ghost Series II in India. First showcased at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year the car gets updates to the exteriors and interiors as well as to the features and entertainment system. The Ghost Series II is priced at Rs. 4.5 crores (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
- Restyled headlamps with outlined by LED daytime running lights
- The front air intakes get a touch of chrome with reworked front bumpers
- Bonnet gets a wake line connecting the spirit of ecstasy to the windscreen.
- New paint shades
- New alloy designs
- Redesigned rear bumper
- New seats with improved adjustability and heating options
- New interior trims
- New wood veneers
- Updated infotainment system controlled via touchpad with smartphone like pinch, pull, etc. functions. High resolution 10.2 inch multimedia screen synced with on-board WiFi.
Mechanically speaking the Rolls Royce Ghost Series II gets a new GPS aided 8 speed gearbox like the one seen on the Rolls Royce Wraith. The gearbox utilises the on-board GPS and Maps services to study the road ahead and pre-selects the gear for smoother torque delivery and better fuel efficiency. The engine remains the same though, a 6.6-litre V12 producing 563 BHP and 730 Nm torque with a restricted top speed of 250 kmph.
The Rolls Royce Ghost Series II priced at Rs. 4.5 crores is very expensive but demand does not seem to be an issue as Sven Ritter, GM Rolls-Royce Asia Pacific says, “We are bringing the car to India because there definitely is a demand and we want to fulfill it. People in India love our cars.”
The Ghost’s chief competitor in India is fellow brit Bentley’s Continental Flying Spur priced at Rs. 3.21 crores (ex-showroom, Mumbai) but in this category price is hardly a criteria for customers. Both cars offer oodles of power and snob value and features enough to pamper the most discerning of customers. Other vehicles sold by Rolls Royce in India include the Phantom, Phantom Coupe and Drophead Coupe.
Rolls Royce Ghost Series II official webpage