The Tata Nexon AMT will get a 5-speed manual transmission. This automatic gearbox will be offered on the mid-spec XTA and XZA variants only.
Tata Motors is all set to launch the automatic variant of its compact SUV Nexon in India. The automated version will get an AMT (automated manual transmission) gearbox. We saw the first glimpse of the Tata Nexon AMT at the 2018 Auto Expo. Expect the automaker to launch the Nexon automatic within the next couple of months. With the launch of the automatic variant, the Nexon will be a step ahead of its competitors, namely the Honda WR-V and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The Ford EcoSport already has an automatic gearbox in its portfolio. Interested to know more about the Nexon AMT? Read along!
Tata Nexon AMT: 5 Quick Points
1. The Tata Nexon AMT will use a 5-speed unit. It is the same gearbox which we see on the Tiago AMT and the Tigor AMT. This AMT gearbox comes with the creep mode. The Nexon AMT will also offer hill-assist function. The AMT gearbox will also offer Triptonic mode. With the help of this, the driver can change gears manually. Tata will continue to offer Nexon’s driving modes on the AMT versions as well (Eco, City, Sport).
2. The AMT gearbox will be available in both the petrol and diesel derivatives of the compact SUV. The petrol variant of the Nexon gets a 1.2-litre Revotron engine while the diesel variant comes with a 1.5-litre Revotorq diesel motor. The Tata Nexon AMT is likely to have the same mileage figures as that of its manual counterparts respectively.
3. As far as the design of the Tata Nexon AMT is concerned, it will remain identical as before. AMT variants will not get any additions or deletions in comparison to the corresponding manual variants. Only the XMA and the XTA variants will get the automatic gearbox.
4. The AMT variants of the Nexon will see a jump of INR 45,000 to INR 50,000 in comparison to their manual siblings. Currently, the petrol XT and XZ variants of the Nexon cost INR 7.32 Lakh and INR 8.57 Lakh respectively. On the other hand, the diesel XT and XZ variants of the Nexon retail at INR 8.17 Lakh and 9.42 INR Lakh respectively.
5. The AMT variant of the Nexon is likely to launch within a couple of months. Tata is yet to confirm the official launch date of this vehicle. That said, bookings for the AMT Nexon are already underway.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 3.9 stars
3.9 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating