In order to further boost the sales of the Nexon, Tata Motors have recently launched an AMT equipped version of this sub-compact SUV in India. The new AMT gearbox is an extension of the manual 6-speed unit. Tata Motors has chosen to include Nexon’s driving modes with the AMT gearbox. And it is available on both the petrol as well as the diesel derivatives of this vehicle. To make the driving experience with the AMT a bit more convenient, the homegrown automaker has provided the car with driver assist functions like creep mode, hill descent and hill assist.
Tata Nexon AMT: 5 Quick Points
1. The Tata Nexon AMT will use a 6-speed unit. This AMT gearbox comes with the creep mode. The Nexon AMT will also offer hill-assist function. The AMT gearbox will also offer Triptonic mode. With the help of this, the driver can change gears manually. Tata will continue to offer Nexon’s driving modes on the AMT versions as well (Eco, City, Sport). Furthermore. it comes with Kick-Down, Fast-Off and Amti-Stall features. The Kick-Down feature helps in quick downshifting of gears for fast overtaking. The Fast-off prevents sudden jerks after overtakes when the driver suddenly lifts off his/her foot from the pedal. And last but not the least, it also comes with the Anti-Stall feature.
2. The AMT gearbox will be available in both the petrol and diesel derivatives of the compact SUV. The petrol variant of the Nexon gets a 1.2-litre Revotron engine while the diesel variant comes with a 1.5-litre Revotorq diesel motor. The petrol engine produces 110 BHP of power along with 170 Nm of peak torque. While the diesel derivative is good for churning out 110 BHP of power along with 260 Nm of peak torque. The Tata Nexon AMT is likely to have the same mileage figures as that of its manual counterparts respectively.
3. As far as the design of the Tata Nexon AMT is concerned, it will remain identical as before. AMT variants will not get any additions or deletions in comparison to the corresponding manual variants. It will continue to come with features like projector headlamps, LED daytime running lights, 16-inch diamond cut 16-inch alloy wheels. Furthermore, the compact SUV will feature a touchscreen infotainment system, a best-in-class Harmon Kardon sound system along with a wearable key.
4. The AMT variants of the Nexon sees a jump of INR 45,000 to INR 50,000 in comparison to their manual siblings. Currently, the petrol XT and XZ variants of the Nexon cost INR 7.32 Lakh and INR 8.57 Lakh respectively. While the petrol XZ variant retails at a price of INR 7.99 Lakh. On the other hand, the diesel XT and XZ variants of the Nexon retail at INR 8.17 Lakh and 9.42 INR Lakh respectively. Similarly, the diesel XZ variant costs INR 8.99 Lakh.
5. In addition to all the other features, the Nexon AMT comes with a new colour scheme, namely the Etna Orange. This comes with a silver dual-tone rood as well. Furthermore, with the Nexon AMT, Tata Motors has launched a new online platform called the ‘IMAGINATOR’. Through this, customers can customise and visualise the Nexon.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.1 stars
4.1 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating