Tata Nexon becomes the second sub-compact SUV in India to offer an automatic gearbox. It comes with a 6-speed AMT unit available in both petrol as well as diesel variants. These trims will continue to come with Nexon’s three different driving modes namely Eco, City and Sport.
Tata Motors has today finally launched the automatic variants of the Nexon sub-compact SUV in India. These come in both the petrol and the diesel derivatives of the vehicle. The gearbox in question is a 6-speed unit. Tata has provided the Nexon’s AMt variants with its driving modes which include Eco, City and Sport. The petrol trim with the AMT gearbox is going to cost INR 9.41 lakhs. While the diesel trim is going to retail at a price of INR 10.3 lakhs. Tata Motors is calling the automatic variant of the Nexon as ‘Nexon HyperDrive Self-Shift Gears (S-SG)’. Bookings for the Tata Nexon AMT were opened a couple of weeks back. In this report, we bring you five quite to know facts about the AMT variants of the Nexon sub-compact SUV. Read Along to get complete details.
Tata Nexon AMT: 5 Quick Points
1. The Tata Nexon AMT will use a 6-speed unit. This AMT gearbox comes with the creep mode. The Nexon AMT will also offer hill-assist function. The AMT gearbox will also offer Triptonic mode. With the help of this, the driver can change gears manually. Tata will continue to offer Nexon’s driving modes on the AMT versions as well (Eco, City, Sport). Furthermore. it comes with Kick-Down, Fast-Off and Amti-Stall features. The Kick-Down feature helps in quick downshifting of gears for fast overtaking. The Fast-off prevents sudden jerks after overtakes when the driver suddenly lifts off his/her foot from the pedal. And last but not the least, it also comes with the Anti-Stall feature.
2. The AMT gearbox will be available in both the petrol and diesel derivatives of the compact SUV. The petrol variant of the Nexon gets a 1.2-litre Revotron engine while the diesel variant comes with a 1.5-litre Revotorq diesel motor. The petrol engine produces 110 BHP of power along with 170 Nm of peak torque. While the diesel derivative is good for churning out 110 BHP of power along with 260 Nm of peak torque. The Tata Nexon AMT is likely to have the same mileage figures as that of its manual counterparts respectively.
3. As far as the design of the Tata Nexon AMT is concerned, it will remain identical as before. AMT variants will not get any additions or deletions in comparison to the corresponding manual variants. It will continue to come with features like projector headlamps, LED daytime running lights, 16-inch diamond cut 16-inch alloy wheels. Furthermore, the compact SUV will feature a touchscreen infotainment system, a best-in-class Harmon Kardon sound system along with a wearable key.
4. The AMT variants of the Nexon sees a jump of INR 45,000 to INR 50,000 in comparison to their manual siblings. Currently, the petrol XT and XZ variants of the Nexon cost INR 7.32 Lakh and INR 8.57 Lakh respectively. While the petrol XZ variant retails at a price of INR 7.99 Lakh. On the other hand, the diesel XT and XZ variants of the Nexon retail at INR 8.17 Lakh and 9.42 INR Lakh respectively. Similarly, the diesel XZ variant costs INR 8.99 Lakh.
5. In addition to all the other features, the Nexon AMT comes with a new colour scheme, namely the Etna Orange. This comes with a silver dual-tone rood as well. Furthermore, with the Nexon AMT, Tata Motors has launched a new online platform called the ‘IMAGINATOR’. Through this, customers can customise and visualise the Nexon.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 4 stars
4 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating