The Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2.0 special edition has made its official debut at the ongoing Thailand Auto Show. This is the second iteration of this limited edition Sportivo version of this SUV.
It is based on the standard Toyota Fortuner, the same which is currently on sale in the Indian market. To put your suspicions under rest, yes, the TRD Sportivo is just a cosmetic kit and not a performance makeover for this rather heavy 4×4.
As part of the package, the Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2.0 comes with a number of aesthetic alteration over the standard iteration of this SUV.
It gets an all-new front bumper with sportier aesthetics. Also included in the package are new 20-inch alloy wheels. Furthermore, the front grille also gets a blacked-out theme.
In addition to this, the end-tip for the chrome exhaust is also new. Not to forget, it now comes with blacked out wing mirrors as well. And there are TRD badging around the exterior of the SUV as well.
The Interiors of the Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2.0 also feature some minor alterations in comparison to the standard model.
It comes with an all-new upholstery which gets a dual-tone colour scheme of black and red. In addition to this, the soft-touch materials on the dashboard and the steering wheel offer contrasting red stitching.
Here is a detailed list of all the exterior alterations that the TRD Sportivo version of the Toyota Fortuner comes with
- Redesigned front and rear bumper
- Blacked out front grille
- Black colour wrap for the roof (White Colour)
- Black colour highlight on the front number plate
- TRD Sportivo badging
- New 20-inch alloy wheels
- 6 TRD Sportivo Colours
- Dunlop tire size 265/50 R20
- Coil springs and new setups from TRD Sportivo.
In addition to the exterior modifications, the interior of the Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo features the following upgrades
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with Carbon Kevlar logo
- Storage compartment with TRD Sportivo logo
- Red Optitron Luminometer with TRD Sportivo Symbol
- Door panel with red leather.
- Dashboard front panel black leather with contrasting red stitching
- Black upholstery with contrasting red stitching
- Carbon Kevlar trim on the gear lever
- Red illumination on the instrument cluster with TRD Sportivo logo
- Smart Key Red With TRD symbol
- Rear door rim TRD Sportivo symbol decoration
- LED backlight With TRD Sportivo symbol
- Carpet Floor Mats With TRD Sportivo symbol
- LED slider with LED indicator TRD Sportivo
Apart from these alterations, all the mechanical specifications of the Fortuner TRD Sportivo remains same as that of the standard iteration of this SUV.
It continues to offer the same 2.8-litre diesel engine. This oil-burner is capable of churning out 175 BHP along with 450 Nm of peak torque. It comes paired to a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
So far there is no official word from Toyota regarding the launch of the Fortuner TRS Sportivo 2.0 iteration in India. However, we have every reason to believe that it might happen in the near future.
You may also like to read: