While traffic fines can pinch your wallet badly, the UAE government has recently come up with some discounts on traffic fines for easing the payment process. Here’s how you can avail these discounts. It is important to note that the discounts are valid only in Ajman and Abu Dhabi Emirates for now. And the amount of discount too varies depending on the nature of the violation committed. Here’s how to get discounts traffic fines in Abu Dhabi and Ajman –
You may also like: Traffic Violations in UAE Can Seriously Hurt Your Pocket
You may also like: Car Collection of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum is Simply Stunning
Discounts on traffic fines in Abu Dhabi
Recently, the Abu Dhabi Police announced a reduction in traffic fines, with the opportunity to pay the balance in installments over the course of a year. However, in order to use the service, you must have a credit card or debit card from one of the five banks connected to the Abu Dhabi Police. Here is a list of the banks that are connected to the Abu Dhabi Police and you can pay through these for discounts on traffic fines in Abu Dhabi.
- Abu Dhabi Commerical Bank
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- Mashreq Bank
- Emirates Islamic Bank
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
You may also like: Land Rover Range Rover Waiting Period in Dubai Now Extends to 2024
The percent of the discount will be determined by how quickly you pay the fine. If you pay your traffic fines within 60 days, you’ll receive a discount of 35%. After 60 days and for a period of one year, you will receive up to 25% discounts on traffic fines. Additionally, the Abu Dhabi Police announced that drivers may pay their fines online in interest-free installments if they did so within a year.According to the notification released by the Abu Dhabi police, drivers can use any of the following platforms to pay their fines online:
- Website of the Abu Dhabi Police: www.adpolice.gov.ae
- The Abu Dhabi Police mobile app is accessible on both Apple and Android devices.
- Tamm, the official internet services portal for Abu Dhabi’s government.
- Customer Service Centers for the Abu Dhabi Police Traffic Department
You may also like: Dubai Taxi Driver from Indian Sub-continent Reveals Income Details
Discount on Traffic Fines in Ajman
The Ajman Police Department has announced a 50% discount on traffic fines incurred in the emirate. The offer is valid from November 21, 2022, through January 6, 2023. The Ajman Police Commander-in-Chief, Maj-Gen Sheikh Sultan bin Abdullah Al Nuaimi, stated that the reduction is applicable to any traffic offenses committed before November 11.However, some violations are not covered under the discount scheme. Discounts on traffic fines in Ajman are not valid on the following violations.
- Exceeding the speed limit by 80 km/hr
- Making changes to the vehicle’s engine or chassis without a license or without permission from the authorities
- Driving a heavy vehicle in a manner that endangers the life or safety of the driver or other road users.
- Jumping the red light by a heavy vehicle
- Overtaking by a truck driver in a place in a prohibited area.
You may also like: EXPLAINED- How to Become Careem & Uber Driver in Dubai
Fines can be paid at service centres, through the Ministry of Interior or the Ajman Police app, or through Sahl smart kiosks.