The 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift is likely to launch in India sometime during the month of May this year. The latest iteration of this compact SUV is going to get a major overhaul in terms of its onboard features and creature comforts. In this report, we tell you everything about it.
Come May this year and Hyundai India is finally going to launch the much anticipated facelifted, 2018 iteration of the Hyundai Creta in India. The upgraded version is already on sale in certain international markets. The 2018 Hyundai Creta is going to come with minor cosmetic updates which are going to be concentrated mainly on the exterior profile of the vehicle. Furthermore, the cabin layout of the new Creta will remain largely identical to the current spec version. With this mid-life update, the Creta is going to come with a host of new features onboard. Hyundai is going to take the new Creta a step-up in terms of its premium attributes. In this report, we bring the complete list of all the new features that the Hyundai Creta will get with this new iteration model.
Hyundai Creta Facelift Major Upgrades
1. With this facelift, the Hyundai Creta is going to get a minor revision on its exterior design. That said, the overall design of the vehicle will remain the same as before. The front fascia of the Creta Facelift is going to get a new bumper. The design of which is completely altered in comparison to the current spec version. It still comes with large housing for the fog-lamps, but now they sit in a nicely augmented design. In addition to this, the grille is also slightly redesigned. Furthermore, the Creta will get faux skid plates as well. The side profile of the vehicle will remain the same as before. While the rear fascia gets a redesigned bumper as well.
2. Just Like the exterior profile, the cabin of the 2018 Creta will remain identical to the model that it will replace. It will continue to come with the same dual-tone black and beige colour scheme. However, just like the i20 facelift, the beige inserts will have a slightly darker tone. Also, we expect the cabin to get new buttons for the infotainment system as well as the steering mounted controls.
3. The biggest upgrade in the Creta Facelift is going to be in terms of features. First of all, the compact SUV is going to get a new infotainment system. This is the same unit that we get on the i20 facelift. The media unit is very easy to operate. Furthermore, it offers Apple Car Plat and Android Auto Connectivity. In addition to this, the Creta Facelift is going to get a sun-roof. This will make it the only vehicle in its segment to offer this feature. Furthermore, Hyundai can also add a rear-seat armrest as well. Also, dual airbags and ABS along with EBD will be available as standard across the variant range.
Also Read: Hyundai i30- All You Need To Know
4. The engine specifications of the Creta Facelift are still debatable. According to a few media reports, with this upgrade, the Creta could drop 1.4-litre engines from its line-up. Hence sticking just to the 1.6-litre petrol and the 1.6-litre diesel. That said, it will continue to come with the same set of transmission options.
5. In terms of prices, the 2018 Creta will remain in the same price bracket as before. That said, expect the prices to increase marginally. The current spec version of the Creta retails at a base price of INR 9.29 lakhs. While the top of the line variant costs INR 14.60 lakh. These prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 2.8 stars
2.8 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating