Hyundai Motors India has finally launched the much anticipated mid-life facelift iteration of the Creta in India. this compact SUV is currently leading the charge in the mid-size compact SUV segment in India. With this facelift, the Creta comes with slight revisions to its exterior profile. The engine specifications remain exactly the same as before. It continues to come with the same transmission options as well. And so is the segment-leading material quality. That said, the prices for this updated version have gone slightly up. But the biggest highlight of the Hyundai Creta Facelift is the additions done in its equipment list. In this report, we tell you in detail what all is new with the 2018 iteration of the Hyundai Creta.
Hyundai Creta Facelift Major Upgrades
1. With this facelift, the Hyundai Creta gets a minor revision on its exterior design. That said, the overall design of the vehicle remains the same as before. The front fascia of the Creta Facelift gets a new bumper. The design of which is completely altered in comparison to the current spec version. It still comes with large housing for the fog-lamps, but now they sit in a nicely augmented design. In addition to this, the grille is also slightly redesigned and comes with Hyundai’s cascading grille. Furthermore, the Creta gets faux skid plates as well. The side profile of the vehicle will remain the same as before. However, it comes with new 17-inch diamond cut alloy wheels. While the rear fascia gets a redesigned bumper as well. Also, the tail-lamps feature a similar design but the detailing on them is different.
2. Just Like the exterior profile, the cabin of the 2018 Creta remains identical to the model that it will replace. It continues to come with the same dual-tone black and beige colour scheme. However, just like the i20 facelift, the beige inserts will have a slightly darker tone. Also, we expect the cabin to get new buttons for the infotainment system as well as the steering mounted controls.
3. The biggest upgrade in the Creta Facelift is in terms of features. First of all, the compact SUV gets a new infotainment system. This is the same unit that we get on the i20 facelift. The media unit is very easy to operate. Furthermore, it offers Apple Car Play and Android Auto Connectivity. In addition to this, the Creta Facelift gets an electric sun-roof. This will make it the only vehicle in its segment to offer this feature. Furthermore, this compact SUV now comes with electrically adjustable driver’s seat. Also, dual airbags and ABS along with EBD will be available as standard across the variant range.
- Smart Key Band for advanced connectivity
- 6-way electrically adjustable driver’s seat
- Electric Sunroof
- Wireless Charger
- Cruise Control
- Smart Key
- LED positioning
- Dual Airbags and ABS as standard fitting across all variants
- Hill Assist
- New Cascading Grille as a standard fitting across all variants
- shark fin antenna
- Skid Plate
- New 17-inch alloys
4. The engine specifications of the new Creta remains the same as before. It comes with one petrol engine and two diesel engine options. The petrol unit is a 1.6-litre VTVT motor. While the is also a 1.4-litre and 1.6-litre CRDi oil-burners in the model line-up. All the engines are available with a 6-speed manual gearbox as standard. However, one can also opt for a 6-speed torque converter automatic unit as well.
5. There is a marginal increase in the prices of the Hyundai Creta with this update. The older spec version of the Creta retailed at a base price of INR 9.29 lakhs. While the top of the line variant costs INR 14.60 lakh. Now, the base petrol version is going to cost INR 9.43 lakh while the top of the line trim goes for INR 15.03 lakh.
|Model||Engine||Variant||GST Ex-Showroom Price (Delhi)|
|SX Dual Tone||1,243,934|
|1.6 DSL||S AT||1,319,934|
|SX Dual Tone||1,373,934|
- Readers Rating
- Rated 3.4 stars
3.4 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Very Good
- Your Rating