The international media has leaked the near-production ready spy shot of the 2020 KTM RC 390, which is likely to be seen at the EICMA this year.
KTM is all set to update the RC 390 globally, as the sports bike has been spied in a near-production state. Luckily, the global version will also be launched in India, making it a new-generation for us as well.
Recently, a spy shot of the new KTM RC 390 surfaced online. It was under camouflage and was spotted outside India. The spotted test mule looks a bit different from the current one in terms of design, seating style as well as the subframe.
1. 2020 KTM RC 390 will be getting a BS-6 engine for sure. However, reports say that it might get a retuned engine, which will offer slightly higher power figures. As of now, the RC 390 gets a 373cc liquid-cooled engine that produces 43 BHP and 36 Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated with a 6-speed gearbox. The power figures will remain the same, but the low-end torque might be a bit better.
2. Design changes on the next-gen would make it look a bit more aggressive. Expect a more intense body fairing, a new clear windshield, new set of dual LED headlamps and a slightly revised rear part.
The windshield on the spotted test mule is quite bigger than that on the current one. This windshield is now becoming a signature KTM mark. With a revised front fairing, we expect the overall dimension to increase. This means that 2020 KTM RC 390 will be bigger than earlier.
3. Based on the spy pictures, we expect that KTM will offer a bigger fuel tank with the RC 390. It gets a mere 10-litre tank including the reserve fuel capacity. KTM claims that RC 390 offers a mileage of 35 kmpl, which gives us an overall riding range of 350 kms. However, on real road conditions, the mileage drops down to 30 kmpl, with a riding range of 300 kms.
4. We expect the fully digital console with the Bluetooth connection from the Duke 390, to come on the new RC 390. The instrument panel comes with features such as call notification, call answer or reject, control of music playback, switchable ABS, different riding modes, information about the bike and much more.
5. The spy pics suggest that 2020 KTM RC 390 gets a new subframe. It is different and better than the current one. As a result, the suspension setup might also receive some update. RC 390 gets the WP USD non-adjustable forks at the front. The new version might get an adjustable unit at the front.