MG Motor brings in it’s second offering for India, in the form of the ZS EV. The electric SUV is priced from Rs 20.88 Lakhs and is available only in five cities.
MG ZS EV has been launched in India with introductory price starting at Rs 20.88 Lakhs (Ex-showroom) and a range of 340 Kms. The EV is available in two variants – Excite and Exclusive – both costing Rs 1 Lakh cheaper for the first 1000 bookings.
The MG ZS EV Excite variant comes at a price of Rs 20.88 Lakhs whereas the Exclusive variant goes for Rs 23.58 Lakhs (ex-showroom). Those who are the first 1,000 buyers will get these variants for Rs 19.88 Lakhs and Rs 22.58 Lakhs (ex-showroom).
MG claims that the ZS EV will offer an ARAI-certified driving range of 340 kms. In the real world driving conditions, the range will be around 260-280 kms. The EV also gets three levels of regenerative braking which will further increase the range by a small margin.
ZS EV uses a 44.5 kWh electric motor with an IP67-rated liquid-cooled Lithium-ion battery. The motor is capable of producing 143 PS and 353 Nm of peak torque. The company has equipped it with three driving modes – Eco, Normal And Sport. The peak torque and acceleration power are different for all the modes.
Features onboard the ZS EV include:
- Rain Sensing Front Wipers
- 6-Ways Adjustable Front Seats
- 3 Level Regenerative Braking Energy
- Eco, Sport and Normal Driving Modes
- Cruise Control
- Auto Headlamps
- Panoramic Sky Roof
- PM 2.5 Air Filter
- LED Headlamps And LED DRLs
- Twin-Pod Analogue Console With 8.9cm MID
- Rear 60:40 Split Seats
- 20.32cm Touchscreen Infotainment with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay And Voice Recognition
- I-Smart technology with charging information, driving details, nearest charging station and other information
As far as the safety features go, it gets front and rear seat belt reminder, Heated ORVMs, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Rear Disc Brakes, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control, Reverse Parking Camera With Guidelines, Electronic Stability Control, Hill Start Assist and Six Airbags.
Also Read: What Are The Features That Come On MG ZS EV?
For charging solutions, MG offers five different options including:
- Portable 3-Pin Plug Charger – 16-18 Hours
- Home AC Charger – 6-8 Hours
- Public Fast Charger – 0-80% in 50 Minutes
- Extended Charging Network
- Charge On The Go
MG ZS EV will be available only in five cities Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Ahmedabad. It will rival the likes of Hyundai Kona EV which is priced at Rs 23 Lakhs. The upcoming Tata Nexon EV will also join the group of electric SUVs soon. However, it will be the most affordable amongst these three, with prices between Rs 15-17 Lakhs.