Maruti recently launched the 2022 Alto K10 in our market with a ton of new and modern features.
Here are 5 pros and cons of the new 2022 Maruti Alto K10. MSIL aims to raise the standards of the entry-level product for our market. In order to achieve that, the new Alto comes with a whole plethora of aesthetic changes on the outside and modern cabin and features on the inside. Hence, it makes sense to summarise the prominent pros and cons of the compact hatchback that will help you make the decision to buy the new Alto or not.
You may also like: Upcoming Maruti Alto K10 vs Alto 800 Specs Comparison
You may also like: Maruti Alto Makes it Through Bonnet-Deep Water – Why You Shouldn’t Try This
5 Pros of 2022 Maruti Alto K10
- Peppy Engine: The new Alto comes with a 1.0-litre engine that makes 66 hp and 89 Nm of torque which is the same as the Celerio. Hence, the engine has become quite powerful even for a car with small dimensions and weight.
- Great Mileage: Maruti claims an ARAI-rated mileage of 24.90 km/l for AMT and 24.39 km/l for MT. For the buyers in this segment, mileage is the main reason.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: Connectivity is also on the priority list for a whole bunch of buyers in this age. The new Alto offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to seamlessly connect your smartphone and use the apps in the car.
- Legroom and Interior Space: Due to the new platform, the interior space for legs and luggage has increased in the new Alto enhancing the convenience of the passengers.
- AMT Gearbox: Having to NOT worry about working the gears in heavy traffic conditions is a boon. The new Alto K10 comes with an AMT transmission which takes the pressure off the driver.
You may also like: Affordable Cars Like Maruti Alto and Renault Kwid to Discontinue?
5 Cons of 2022 Maruti Alto K10
- No Day/Night Option for IRVM: This Alto comes with a regular IRVM which doesn’t offer the option to flip it to prevent the lights of the car behind you at the night from hitting your eyes.
- Price: The price of the top model is Rs 5.83 lakh, ex-showroom. The on-road price will be above Rs 6 lakh which is a bit too high for an Alto.
- No Rear Power Windows: Even on the top VXi+ trim, there is no option of power windows for the rear passengers. This can be a bit annoying for the passengers as they will have to roll up/down the window manually.
- Under-thigh Support: The under-thigh support for the passengers is a bit insufficient. It is certainly not a deal-breaker but it is something worth mentioning.
- Placement of Front Power Window Switches: The switches for the front power windows are placed on the centre console which is a bit awkward. These were the 5 pros and cons of the 2022 Maruti Alto K10.