The new Hyundai Creta has received more than 1.15 Lakh bookings in the last 7 months, making it one of the best selling cars of this year.
Hyundai Creta was launched in the third week of March, just before the nationwide lockdown commenced. While the bookings were ongoing during the lockdown as well, the deliveries started in the month of June. In just 7 months of it being launched, the Creta has recorded more than 1.15 Lakh bookings. That’s a huge number for this year, making it one of the most popular cars from Hyundai.
If calculations are done, on an average, more than 500 units of the new Creta were booked every day. For the month of September, it continues to retain the top-5 selling cars position. It has registered more than 12,000 units sold in the previous month. Hyundai also says that more than 1100 bookings have been done through their online selling platform.
Till now, 60% of all the Hyundai Creta sold are diesel variants. The rest 40% is divided between the regular petrol and turbo petrol variants. This shows that the market for diesel cars is still strong and a high share of buyers are still going for a diesel car. Prices of Creta start off at Rs 9.99 Lakhs up to Rs 17.31 Lakhs, the base-spec diesel variant priced the lowest of all.
Creta gets a 1.5 Litre diesel engine, a 1.5 Litre petrol engine and a 1.4 Litre turbo-petrol T-GDI engine. The diesel engine is good for 115 PS and 250 Nm of peak torque, paired with a 6-speed MT and a 6-speed AT. The petrol engine produces 115 PS and 145 Nm of peak torque, mated to a 6-speed manual and a 7-step IVT. Lastly, its newest turbo petrol motor is capable of pumping out 143 PS and 250 Nm of torque, with a standard 7-speed DCT.
Features onboard include panoramic sunroof, digital instrument cluster, ventilated seats, smart air purifier, wireless charger, rear reclining seats, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with BlueLink internet car technology, drive modes, traction control modes and much more. Safety bits include six airbags, front and rear parking sensors, rear camera and brake assist.