Finally, the locale hatchback of 2000’s is coming back to India. The rumours regarding the launch of new Hyundai Santro are circulated for a long time. There have been various reports and spy shots on the hatchback.
Hyundai Santro was one of the most loved hatchbacks in India and now is also awaited by a lot of people. It will be launched in India as an entry-level hatchback with a variety of features.
Following are the top 10 things to know about the new Hyundai Santro:
1. Hyundai Santro has been spied various times during its test drives. The spy shots suggest that Santro will be a proper family car.
2. Hyundai Santro will be coming with a bigger cabin space and classy interiors. Santro will be another entry-level car like Eon and would be replacing i10. Also, it will follow the earlier tall boy design.
3. Santro is expected to hit the Indian roads between Diwali 2018 and December 2018. The price is estimated at Rs 4 Lakh to Rs 6 Lakh.
4. Santro will come with 1.0 Litre and 0.8 Litre engine options producing 69 PS power and 99 Nm torque. The engines will run on the usual VTVT technology.
5. However, the car will mostly come only in the petrol variant. The mileage is expected to be between 20 KMPL – 24 KMPL, which is decent for a hatchback.
6. One of the major changes that the new Santro is going to get is in terms of its exterior design. The design will be based Hyundai Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design language. Consequently, expect the hatchback to get a sharp yet elegant exterior design. The 2018 Santro might borrow some of its design cues from the Grand i10.
7. Hyundai cars always have a premium fit and finish of their cabins, irrespective of the segment in which the vehicle falls in. The new Santro is also going to have an up-market and plusher cabin. Expect the new Santro to offer a wide array of storage spaces and practical features.
8. Hyundai mostly would not compromise on the features of the Santro. The new Santro will get features like Steering Mounted Controls, Tilt-Adjustable Steering Wheel, Height Adjustable Driver’s Seat, Automatic Climate Control, Touchscreen Infotainment System, and LED Daytime Running Lights.
9. Coming to the safety features, it will be equipped with ABS, EBD and dual airbags as standard fittings. In addition to this, the higher variants will also get ISOFIX child seat mounts.
10. Santro will be competing against its archrival – Maruti Suzuki Wagon R – at full force. Along with it, it will also compete with Ford Figo, Tata Tiago, Renault Kwid and with the Maruti Swift too. As it is an entry-level hatchback and having an aggressive price will help the car in good sales figures.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 3.9 stars
3.9 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating