Mahindra S201 was seen sporting production-ready body panels, taillamps, ORVMs and alloy wheels. Speculations say that the Compact SUV might launch this year-end, maybe by the name of XUV 300. The S201 is expected to be priced starting from Rs 9 Lakh onwards.
Mahindra S201, the upcoming compact SUV by Mahindra was spied multiple of time. According to some reports, the compact SUV might launch by this year-end as the car was spotted with ready production body and other elements. Furthermore, the SUV might get a set of black alloy wheels and roof-mounted spoiler with integrated LED brake lights. Mahindra S201 is based on SsangYong’s Tivoli model. However, there have been certain rumours that Mahindra S201 will come around Diwali 2018 with a 5-seater and 7-seater option. The S201 will compete with Tata Nexon, Ford Ecosport, and Vitara Brezza. Accordingly, the prices will be set starting from Rs 9 Lakh for a perfect competition. So, here we present the top 10 things to know about the new compact SUV Mahindra S201.
Following are the top 10 things to know about Mahindra S201:
1. Mahindra S201 will be replacing Nuvosport, an average play compact SUV. Also, there are chances that S201 might be named XUV 300, as it copies the design of XUV 500 and falls just below XUV 500.
2. Regarding the design, it gets a monocoque body, just like the XUV 500. S201 looks bigger with a big cabin space and high ground clearance. It will also come with a set of black alloy wheels, roof-mounted spoilers, a rear windshield wiper, and LED headlamps. It might also get Daytime Running Lights as a standard fitting.
3. The compact SUV gets the typical vertically slatted grille, a signature of all Mahindra cars. However, the new facelift of XUV 500 gets a revised grill fascia, which could be applied in S201 too.
4. It is expected that the new Mahindra S201 will come with the existing 1.2-litre G80 turbo petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines. Currently, Mahindra is developing the new 1.6-litre diesel engine, and the new 1.5-litre petrol motor, which might be seen in this model. Transmission duties are likely to be handled by a 5-speed manual and possibly an AMT option in the top-end variant.
5. Given the speculated engine specs, it will produce around 100 BHP power and around 180 Nm torque in the 1.2 Litre variant. In the 1.5 Litre variant, it will produce around 140 BHP power and 240 Nm torque. It is expected to give a mileage of around 15 KMPL. Due to rising competition, Mahindra S201 might get a 6-speed transmission for both automatic and manual gearboxes.
Also Read: New Mahindra MPV (U321) Five Must Know Facts
6. It is speculated that Mahindra S201 will come with a 5-seater and 7-seater option. Also, various reports say that the 5-seater will launch first around Diwali 2018.
7. Mahindra S201’s 5-seater variant will be competing with Tata Nexon, Ford Ecosport, and Vitara Brezza. Owing to the competition, it will be likely priced in competition to them. On the other hand, the 7-seater variant will take on Renault Duster and Hyundai Creta. The 7-seater variant will fall in the same price segment of Duster and Creta.
8. The SUV will come with new projector headlamps with LED daytime running lamps, wide chrome grille, and a muscular front bumper among others. It will get sleek horizontal headlamps using LED lights. It will also come with a new set of black alloy wheels and roof-mounted spoiler with integrated LED brake lights.
9. In terms of features, it would come with a modern infotainment unit that will support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto along with offering a touchscreen interface. It can also get a Multi-functional steering wheel, Climate control, Electrically adjustable driver’s seat, Keyless entry, and a Reversing camera. Also, it is very likely to have an electric sunroof.
10. According to the expected engine specs and features, the compact SUV will start from around Rs 9 Lakh for the base variant to Rs 13 Lakh for the top variant. The price range is ideal while keeping the current competitors and their prices in mind.
Mahindra S201 Spy Images:
- Readers Rating
- Rated 3.7 stars
3.7 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Very Good
- Your Rating