After the Marazzo and the upcoming Mahindra XUV 700, the homegrown automaker is going to launch the XUV 300. The compact SUV is reportedly going to launch in January 2019, to take on the might of Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon and Ford EcoSport. As we have some details about the SUV, we can say that it will have many segment first features. Also, it is going to sport a factory fitted electric sunroof. You can read more about the XUV 300, here. Amidst all the leaked information and photos, we give you 5 things you need to know about the upcoming compact SUV.
1. Earlier, the S201 was rumoured to launch during the months of October-November, amidst the festive season. However, as per various reports, the S201 will launch in the very first months of 2019. The full-grown XUV 700 will launch this festive season.
2. Just like other compact SUVs in its segment, the Mahindra XUV 300 might get a price tag of Rs 7-11 Lakhs. Given that Mahindra always puts its cars in a competitive price range, this one seems to follow the trend. This price range is similar to Nexon and Brezza, although EcoSport goes up to Rs 12 Lakhs. Other than these three, TUV 300 is also a competitor in the same price range.
3. The Mahindra XUV 300 will get Marazzo’s 1.5 Litre diesel engine. The engine produces 120 BHP of power and 240 Nm torque. There are no concrete details of the petrol engine till now. However, there are changes that it can get a 1.2 Litre Turbocharged petrol engine. The petrol engine produces 140 HP and 250 Nm torque.
Currently, only XUV 500 and KUV 100 offer petrol engines with diesel engines.
For transmission duties, it might use a 6-speed manual gearbox along with an optional AMT gearbox.
4. Mileage figures are expected to be good. The diesel engine will approximately give out 22 kmpl mileage. The figures for the petrol engine can be close to around 15 kmpl.
5. As we told you earlier, it is going to come with many premium features. Check out the feature list ahead:
- Electric Sunroof
- Four-Disc Brakes
- Dual Zone climate control
- Engine Start Stop button
- Touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- LED headlamps
- LED DRLs
The safety features onboard will include:
- Dual Airbags (Standard Fitment)
- ABS with EBD (Standard Fitment)
- Reverse Parking Sensors (Standard)
- Reverse Parking Camera
- ISOFIX Child Seat Mount
So, these are the 5 things that you need to know about the upcoming Mahindra XUV 300. Tune to CarBlogIndia for more updates.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 3.7 stars
3.7 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Very Good
- Your Rating