The Renault Kwid entry-level hatchback, which was launched around mid-2015, has managed to garner more than one lakh customer orders in in less than a year since its launch. The Kwid is a very important product for the Indian subsidiary of the popular French car maker and has played a major role in helping it establish itself as a volume seller in India. In June 2016, the Kwid even managed to outsell the Maruti Swift, a car that has consistently featured in the top 4. Read on to find out all you need to know about the Renault Kwid India launch details, price, features and other details.
In the month of June, Renault reported a total sales figure of 9,459 units for the Kwid. Maruti, on the other hand, was able to move 9,033 units of the Swift pushing the Kwid up to 5th place in the monthly sales chart. However, it is worth mentioning that overall Maruti Suzuki sales took a hit in June as production at their Manesar facility had to suspended in order to carry out necessary maintenance work. In an another development, it has emerged that the Kwid can be now booked on e-commerce website Paytm. This service is currently available only in Delhi NCR but will be extended more cities with time.
Renault Kwid Price in India
|Ex-Showroom Delhi Price
|Renault Kwid Standard
|INR 2.62 lakhs
|Renault Kwid RxE
|INR 2.98 lakhs
|Renault Kwid RxL
|INR 3.23 lakhs
|Renault Kwid RxT
|INR 3.57 lakhs
|Renault Kwid RxT (O)
|INR 3.67 lakhs
Also See- Renault Kwid Test Drive Review
Renault Kwid India – Video Review
Renault India has roped in Ranbir Kapoor as their brand ambassador. While the actor will be endorsing the complete brand, he will also endorse the KWID hatchback. Check out the video released by Renault India as part of the official announcement.
Also See – Renault Kwid Design Review
Also See – Kwid vs Alto K10 vs Wagon R vs GO
Renault Kwid Image Gallery
Renault Kwid Specifications
- The Renault KWID is powered by a 799 cc petrol motor mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- An automatic variant could be made available at a later stage with an AMT gearbox sourced from Magneti Marelli.
- It is based on the CMF-A or Common Module Family platform jointly developed by Nissan and Renault. Future products could also be based on this platform and Datsun, Nissan‘s sister company, will reportedly launch a product next year based on it.
- The 799 cc petrol motor belongs to a brand new line of engines which are flexible in terms of capacity. This could mean the Renault KWID could get bigger engine options in the future.
- At a length of 3.68 meters and a width of 1.58 meters, the Renault KWID is larger than the Alto 800 and also boasts of a high ground clearance of 180mm.
- The Renault Kwid weighs just 660 kgs.
- The Kwid will spawn multiple products in the future which could include a compact sedan, MPV, small SUV, etc.
- Heavy localisation to the tune of 98% in order to keep costs in check.
|Engine Type/ Displacement
|799 cc Petrol
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)
|25.17 km/l (ARAI)
Renault Kwid Mileage
|ARAI Certified Mileage
|Renault Kwid Mileage
Renault Kwid Dimensions
Renault Kwid India – Design and Features
- Renault has capitalized on the popularity of crossovers in India and given a similar treatment to the KWID. Thick black plastic cladding for the bumpers and a high set bonnet complete the crossover look.
- Big muscular wheel arches and a high set bonnet make it look bigger than it actually is. Hints of the Renault Duster can be spotted in the design.
- Top end trims levels will come with fog lamps and wheel covers.
- Simple and functional interiors finished in black. Instrument cluster is all digital and top trims get optional touchscreen MediaNAV system and Bluetooth connectivity.
- ABS will not be available and airbags will be optional, but only on the top end variant.
- The car gets a 300-litres boot and Renault claims that the KWID will offer best in class loading capacity.
- No internally adjustable ORVMs on offer.
Renault Kwid Official Image Gallery
Stay tuned to Car Blog India for more Renault Kwid India launch details.