As per our expectations, new Yamaha FZ-S V3.0 might be launched on January 21. So, here are some few things that you can expect from the new-generation.
Yamaha India is launching a new product on January 21. They have not mentioned any other details about the launch. We expect the debut of 2019 Yamaha FZ-S V3.0.
The next-gen FZ-S has been spotted testing for a couple of times now, on the Greater Noida Expressway. Although the test mules are under heavy camouflage, the upgrades to the naked bike can be seen.
Yamaha has decided to focus more on premium motorcycles, those of 150cc and above. So, its first step could be upgrading the FZ-S with latest features. Here are the things that you can expect from Yamaha FZ-S V3.0.
1. The first thing that you can expect from the next-gen FZ-S is fitment of ABS. As per the safety regulations, FZ-S will have to keep ABS as standard fitment. Currently, it is offered with a dual-disc setup. So, the V3 might offer a single-channel ABS setup.
2. In terms of design, we expect some revisions to the body and styling of Yamaha FZ-S V3.0. Based on the spy pics, it gets a resized and revamped fuel tank. Over the body, sharper muscle creases can be felt. The rear end also seems to be revised for a new look. Addition of a rear-tire hugger makes it look even sportier. Other minute revisions include an engine belly pan and a new exhaust muffler.
3. We expect some alterations to the features list. Yamaha FZ-S V3.0 might get a revised fully-digital instrument cluster and a full LED headlamp. There are chances of a new clip-on handlebar, which would result in even better riding dynamics.
4. Since the BS-6 emission norms are kicking in from 2020, most of the automakers are readying their existing model. If Yamaha updates FZ-S without the compliant engine, later it will have huge expenses for conversion. The engine specs will remain the same. It gets a 155cc engine that produces 13 BHP and 12.80 Nm of peak torque.
5. Lastly, we talk about the price expectations. Given the updates that it gets, the prices might go up by Rs 3000-4000. The current price of the bike is Rs 83,452 for the dual-disc brake variant. It competes with the likes of Suzuki Gixxer, TVS Apache RTR 160 4V, Bajaj Pulsar NS160 and Honda CB Hornet 160R.
Also Read: Upcoming New Yamaha Bikes in India
So here are our expectations of the next-gen Yamaha FZ-S. Stay tuned for more updates.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 3.3 stars
3.3 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Very Good
- Your Rating