The Mahindra XUV 700 SUV is all set to launch this festive season. It has been spotted a couple of times disguised and also undisguised. So while it is trending, we present you the top 10 things to know about the upcoming full-grown SUV.
Whenever we think of SUVs, Mahindra often crosses our mind. Even the KUV 100 gives a compact SUV type feeling, which it is not. Currently, Mahindra has 3 new products lined up including Marazzo, S201 compact SUV and XUV 700. While taking the latter one, it has been spotted a couple of times. Recently, it was showcased at Mahindra’s AGM in Mumbai. It stood in completely undisguised behaviour with silver colour and a number plate reading ‘Y400’. Most of the reports say that the upcoming SUV is going to launch in this festive season within the price range of Rs 22 Lakhs to Rs 26 Lakhs (ex-showroom). Its main competitors would include Volkswagen Tiguan, Toyota Fortuner, and Ford Endeavour. For around 4 Lakh cheaper, the XUV 700 could prove to be a good catch. Check out the top 10 things you must knowing about this upcoming SUV.
1. The expected launch date of the Mahindra XUV 700 SUV is around October – November. Its younger sibling, S201 or the rumored XUV 300 might also launch at that time.
2. The expected price of the XUV 700 is around Rs 22 Lakhs to Rs 26 Lakhs. It is based on the Ssangyong Rexton G4 SUV. Also, the XUV 500 ends at around Rs 19 Lakhs. We expect the base variant to start from Rs 22 Lakhs and go up to Rs 26 Lakhs.
3. Coming to the engine specs, it will get a 2.2 Litre Turbo diesel engine primarily. This diesel engine produces a max power of 185 BHP and 400 Nm of torque. There are speculations suggesting that later, it might also get a 2.0 Litre Turbo petrol engine. This engine produces 225 BHP of power and 220 Nm of torque.
4. For transmission duties, the XUV 700 would use a 6-speed MT along with an optional 9-speed automatic unit. The petrol unit might get a 6-speed MT with an optional 7-speed Automatic gearbox.
5. Talking about the design, it will look similar to the Ssangyong Rexton G4. However, there would be cosmetic upgrades like revised bumpers and headlamps. It gets LED headlamps with LED DRLs in the front. It gets a revised front-grille too. At the rear end, it gets LED stop lamp on the spoilers as well as bumpers.
6. For cabin design, the Mahindra XUV 700 SUV might get a dual-tone black and beige treatment. Some chrome inserts might be there over the gear, AC ducts, and steering wheel. As this SUV will have a three-row seating arrangement, it will get AC vents for all the rows. Inside there will be a touchscreen infotainment in the front and 2 for the rear passengers.
7. Mileage that you can expect from the Mahindra XUV 700 SUV is around 11 KMPL for the city and around 15 KMPL for the highway. From petrol, it might fall between 8 KMPL to 11 KMPL.
8. Being a premium SUV, expect some top-end features right from the base variant. It will get LED headlamps with DRLs, Electric Seats, a 9.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 10-inch screens for rear passengers, Ambient lighting and all the other premium features that we get usually.
9. For safety features, it will get ABS with EBD, 9-airbags, Hill Descent Control, Electronic Stability Control, Advanced Emergency Braking and Active Roll-Over protection. So it seems that the XUV 700 is quite safe. However, the Endeavour is the safest because it gets some radar-based safety features.
10. Competitors of the Mahindra XUV 700 SUV would include Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour. Other indirect ones could include the top-variants of Jeep Compass and Hyundai Tucson. At its expected price, it will be the cheapest in its segment.