Maruti Suzuki India has launched new model of its popular car Alto in India on 16th October 2012 in India. The new 2012 Maruti Alto 800 comes with host of improvements over the previous generation of Maruti Alto. (Read – Maruti Alto 800 Vs Old Maruti Alto). The new Alto comes with major cosmetic upgrade, in fact, on the exteriors, its an all new car. The interiors of the car have also been improved vastly over the previous version. The engine has also been improved and has become more efficient and deliver higher torque than the older engine.
On the dynamics and handling, the Alto has not changed too much as the new Alto 800 uses the same suspension setup as the older generation car with minor tweaks. The new Alto 800 is also uses the same platform as the older car. some of the new features of the Alto 800 include high mileage of 22.7 KMPL, improved styling, aggressive front grille, clear glass headlamps, combination cluster tail lamps, sharp styling and body lines. The interiors also get dual tone styling, improved door trims, use of silver garnish on the interiors, 3 spoke steering wheel design, optional airbag on the driver side for safety etc. to name a few. The prices have been kept very aggressive at Rs. 2.44 Lakhs for the base variant.
Maruti Alto 800 Price In India
Prices of the Alto 800 ex-showroom Delhi are as follows:
- Maruti Alto 800 STD is priced at Rs. 2.44 Lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 LX is priced at Rs. 2.76 Lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 LXi is priced at Rs. 2.99 Lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 STD CNG is priced at Rs. 3.19 Lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 LX CNG is priced at Rs.3.37 Lakhs
- Maruti Alto 800 LXi CNG is priced at Rs. 3.56 Lakhs
Above are the introductory prices which maybe revised in coming months.
Maruti Alto 800 Exteriors And Interiors Walk Around Video Review
Maruti Alto 800 Features And Specifications
Maruti Alto 800 detailed specifications are as below:
- 3 Cylinder 800 CC FD8 Petrol Engine
- 4 Valve per cylinder
- Peak power of 47.5 BHP @ 6000 RPM
- Peak torque of 69 Nm @ 3500 RPM
- ARAI tested mileage of 22.70 KMPL on petrol and 30.46 Km / Kg on CNG.
- Transmission Type– 5 Speed manual with cable shift mechanism
- Dimensions: Length = 3395 mm, Width = 1490 mm, Height = 1475 mm
- Wheelbase = 2360 mm, ground clearance = 160 mm
- Kerb Weight = 720 Kg
- Power to weight ratio of 66 BHP per 1000 Kg
- Tyre size of 145/80 R12
- Front Suspension : McPherson Strut suspension with torsion roll control
- Rear Suspension : Coil spring with 3 link rigid axle with isolated trailing arm
- Drum brakes at rear and solid disk brakes at home
- Fuel tank capacity of 35 Litre
- Minimum turning radius of 4.6 meters
Maruti Alto 800 Variants and Colour Options
Maruti Alto comes in 3 variants – Alto 800 STD, Alto 800 LX and Alto 800 LXi. The base STD variant doesn’t have AC and power steering, the LX has AC but no power steering while the top end variant gets both power steering and AC.
Alto 800 comes in 6 colour options out of which, 4 are new colours as mentioned below:
- Frost Blue
- Blazing Red Pearl
- Torque Blue Pearl
- Granite Grey
- Superior White
- Silky Silver
Some of the key features of Alto 800 include – body coloured bumpers, chrome grille, body coloured outside door handles, wheel covers, tubeless tyres, silver coloured inside door handles, AC with heater, remote fuel lid opener, front power windows, cup holders, optional driver side airbag, headlight leveling, engine immobilizer, Collapsible steering column, factory fitted CNG Option with a mileage of 30.46 Km / Kg on CNG.
Maruti Alto 800 Pictures Gallery
Maruti Alto 800 Vs Competition
Stay tuned to Car Blog India for more updates.