Buying a used car can be an overwhelming experience anywhere in the world which is why it becomes crucial to consider a few basic checks before making the purchase.
In this article, we take a look at used car buying tips in Canada. While these tips are for Canada, most of these are directly applicable to any market. The onset of the pandemic has caused a surge in personal mobility needs. People need personal cars which is why they are heading to the used car market that has experienced a boom in the last couple of years. Hence, it makes sense to get acquainted with the basic rules to follow before buying a second-hand vehicle.
You may also like: EXPLAINED – Real Cost of Owning a Car in Canada
You may also like: Here Are The Top 5 Best-Selling Cars in Canada in 2022 So Far
You may also like: Indian Truck Driver Makes Rs 1.5 Lakh in 4 Days in Canada
Used Car Buying Tips for Canada
- You must know which car will suit your needs the best. This could relate to the boot space, fuel economy, cabin space, looks, features and more. Generally, you would have seen the car in flesh beforehand and would know if you are interested in it or not.
- Then, you need to search for portals online where people have listed their cars for sale. This will give you a great idea of the kinds of vehicles available in the market along with the price bracket.
You may also like: Top 5 Cars for Indians in Canada- Honda Civic to Hyundai Tucson
- With the details of the car, you will get the VIN number which you can run to check the history of the car. History includes service intervals, accidents, insurance claims and any other peculiar instance where the car was involved in.
- Thereafter, it is advisable to take at least a 30-min test drive. Make sure that you don’t test drive the vehicle for the sheer heck of it. You must put the car to the test by engaging the braking, acceleration, steering, cornering and other such parameters. This is where you will get to know about any noises in the cabin or engine, etc.
- If there are any issues, or even if there aren’t, it is recommended that you take the car to a trusted mechanic. He/She will quickly run the basic checks to let you know if there are any issues with the vehicle.
You may also like: 80,000 Cars Stolen in Canada in 1 Year; Mostly Ford & Honda
- Also, a lot of people are hesitant about asking the reason why the owner is selling the car. However, it is advised that you are upfront and talk to the other directly about it.
- Finally, make sure the documents are in order. This includes registration proof, insurance documents, ownership certificates, etc. Only after ascertaining the aforementioned criteria should you buy the car.
You may also like: ‘Kia Boyz’ Steal Kia/Hyundai Cars in Canada to Follow TikTok Trend!